Chapter 30

Ranjiro's POV

I walked into school feeling great. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I was hanging out with Muichiro the other day or something. That was fun.

I set down my bag by my locker, exchanging the stuff I need. I remember when I walked into home room after, greeting Zenitsu and Inosuke. "Who is that?" Zenitsu mumbled to Inosuke, who shrugged his shoulders.

I sighed, resting my backpack on the floor and taking a seat next to them. "I know it's been a while." I said, scratching the back of my head. Inosuke raised an eyebrow.

"A while is an understotemint." Inosuke crossed his arms, shooting me a side eye that was in some way aggressive. Zenitsu seemed to give me on too, and I looked away guiltily.

"I know. There was just- there was a lot going on." I stated, getting an eye roll. "Drama, you know?" 

"No. Not really." Zenitsu twirled his pencil in between to fingers, and Inosuke was impatiently tapping his foot on the floor. "Give me more details."I replayed the events from the last few weeks or so, and felt a deep blush come upon me at a certain memory. Zenitsu raised an eyebrow. "What's that?" 

"What's what...?" I tilted my head to the side, trying to shake it off. Zenitsu smirked, and Inosuke just sat there cluelessly staring at me. 

Zenitsu chuckled. "You know exactly what I'm talking about." He replied, poking my cheek. "You're the color of ballers' ball." He told me, and I rolled my eyes.

"Old meme."

"Don't change the damn subject!"

"Can something that irrelevant be considered a subject??"

"Why are you avoiding my question!"

I slouched back into my chair in defeat, knowing that there was no getting out of this. "I forgot my belt when I came to school one day and my pants fell down mid presentation. That's why I was embarrassed, okay?" I prayed that I didn't make a face that could give me away.

"WITH YOUR UNDERWEAR TOO?!" Inosuke butted in, eyes wide. "BAHAHIUHIUHIHHSCHSCJKH!" He roared with laughter, kicking the air. 

Zenitsu glared at him. "He's lying you dumbass."

"SHUT UP YOU DUM BER ASS!" Inosuke growled. 

"No, DUMBEST ass!" Zenitsu gave him a menacing look, and I sighed in relief that the attention was taken off of me. By the end of homeroom, they already forgot about it.

School went by as usual. I convinced Muichiro to sit at the cafeteria for lunch. I don't think I'll be able to safely skip another day of sitting next to them. We made our way into the loud room, and over to the table that our friend group claimed for the past few years. 

"Hey guys!" I sat down, gesturing fro Muichiro to follow. He did so hesitantly, setting down his lunch box with caution. Kanao raised an eyebrow at him.

She swallowed her bite of food quickly. "You sure seem nervous." She acknowledged, setting down her fork. "What's up?" 

Several of the others seemed interested too, leaning forward in question. Muichiro shot me a look, the please make them stop kind. I cleared my throat. "You know the other day..". I made up a story on the spot, one that kept them distracted u tik they just didn't notice anymore. Plenty of small talk was exchanged, and I noticed that Muichiro seemed to be more and more confident talking to them again. "Why were you nervous at first?" I asked him once we got back to the hallway.

"I don't know..." he mumbled, looking down. "I felt guilty."

"For what?"

"Ignoring them these past few days.. and making them feel like you were too." He replied quietly, and I wrapped my arm around his shoulders.