Chapter 20

Kathryn laid on a picnic blanket basking in the sunlight. The birds chirping all around her filled the air with peace.

"Shh, I think she is sleeping," someone said.

"Why would she be sleeping?" another asked.

"Even if she is sleeping you two are being too loud," someone else said.

"Please continue to talk," another sassed.

"Children, quit arguing," a man said.

"You all are being too loud," Kathryn said opening her eyes and sitting up, "And I was not sleeping. Simply waiting and enjoying the sunlight."

Kathryn smiled up at her family. Anthony had been carrying a picnic basket and in tow, all of their children.

"Happy birthday Mama!" Alice smiled walking over with Emily on her hip.

"Thank you, darling," Kathryn smiled.

"Yes, happiest of birthdays, Mother," Bella smiled sitting down on the blanket.

"Happy birthday Mum!" Dean and Carter yelled attacking their mother in a hug.

"You all are too kind," Kathryn laughed.

Anthony sat the picnic basket down, taking a seat next to his wife.

"Happy birthday, my love," Anthony said kissing his wife.

"Eww," the two boys whined.

"That is disgusting," Carter gagged.

"Would you two stop," Alice said scolding her younger brothers.

"They should not kiss in front of us," Dean said.

"I think it is sweet," Bella said, "Not everyone is lucky enough to marry the love of their life."

"You should not settle for less," Anthony said looking at his children, "None of you."

"Shall we eat?" Kathryn asked.

"Wait, we are forgetting something," Bella said.

"Close your eyes, mama," Carter said.

Kathryn closed her eyes waiting for whatever her children were surprising her with.

"You can open them now," Alice said.

Kathryn opened her eyes to see the traditional Bridgerton birthday hat sitting in her lap.

"We made it ourselves," Dean beamed.

"It is so lovely," Kathryn said placing the hat on her head, "Thank you all very much."

The Bridgerton family sat around eating. The food had been prepared by the children and Anthony so the contents inside the picnic basket were interesting but delicious nonetheless. After they were finished eating Alice and Bella took the three younger siblings off to play a game of Paul Mall, a Bridgerton tradition. They had to practice for the big family game, they were determined to beat their aunts and uncles this go around.

"We really have raised the sweetest children on earth," Anthony said as the two sat on the blanket watching their children play.

"We really did," Kathryn smiled.

They really could not have asked for better children. They all loved one another so much. Now that does not mean they did not fight occasionally, but in the end, they were all family.

"Do you remember my first birthday after we got married?" Kathryn asked.

"How could I forget it?" Anthony laughed, "We had only started speaking to one another a day prior."

"Do you remember when Gregory asked what I had wished for?" Kathryn asked.

"Yes. Then he pouted because you would not tell him," Anthony laughed looking back on the memory.

"This right here is what I wished for," Kathryn said.

"To have a halfway decent picnic made by your children and husband?" Anthony asked making Kathryn laugh.

"Well no not exactly," Kathryn said, "We had just started actually getting along. I wished that we would continue our happiness and have lots of babies come from our love."

"Well it sounds like your wish came true," Anthony said, "Good thing you did not tell Gregory."

"I could not have asked for a better life with you," Kathryn said.

"Me either. Thank you for giving me five beautiful healthy children," Anthony smiled.

"Six," Kathryn corrected.

"What?" Anthony asked looking over at his wife, "Are you pregnant?"

"Yes," Kathryn smiled.

"How long have you known?" Anthony asked.

"The doctor just confirmed it a few days ago," Kathryn said.

Anthony could not believe the news. He and Kathryn were going to bring their sixth child into this world in about nine months. He never thought that this was how his life would turn out. So much joy and love surrounded him. He was so grateful to have married Kathryn. For if he had not he might not have even known how to love.

"You are my greatest love," Anthony smiled, pulling his wife into a kiss.

Kathryn's heart warmed hearing those words come from Anthony. Their marriage got off to a rocky start but once they figured it out, it had only gone up from there. She now could not imagine her life without him. Funny how life works out, she was now no longer stuck in a loveless marriage.

"I love you, Ant," Kathryn said.

"I love you, Kat," Anthony smiled.

Please check out the announcement after this!