Cafe Thanks-A-Latte- (NEWTS POV)

Today's my first day in this new town.. Its some small town called 'Beacon Hills..' My sister Sonya and I moved here.. Were all on our own.. Our parents died.. Or left us.. I don't really know, and I never knew them so I'm not sure I care... I mean I guess I could have known them at some point but I don't remember much from my past..

All I really know is that 2 and a half years ago I woke up in my bed in a cold sweat with a headache and everything before that was all a blur.. It's like someone took my memories or something.. That's not possible though..

My first day of school was tomorrow. I was going to attend Beacon Hills High as a Sophomore.. Sonya was going to be a Freshman. We both didn't know anybody here, as predicted considering, like i said, i don't have any memories of the first 14 years of my life. I woke up remembering that my name was Newt, No memory of my last name.. And that I had a sister. Sonya. I couldn't remember anything else..

We're in the car right now. All of our stuff is in the moving vans, we finally got to the house we were to live in. It was pretty cool. We walked inside and claimed bedrooms. I got the one that had a bay window that was looking out into The neighbor's window. I'd have to set out to get some curtains at some point...

 I'd have to set out to get some curtains at some point

(Just imagine there's another house outside the window. And obviously the decorations will be a bit different.)

(The house)

(The house)

The house truly was beautiful..

I looked out the window and saw a blue jeep in the neighbors driveway, which made me think about how Sonya would need a car soon.. She's only fifteen so she can't drive yet, but she will be getting her permit pretty soon. Maybe that could be his birthday present to her.. A car.

Her birthday was in a few months, so not very soon, but not too far away either.. We were joining this new school in the middle of the year, so it was bound to be weird..

Starting a new school with no friends, in the middle of the year. I figured i might as well bring a book to school tomorrow in case nobody wants to talk to me-

"Newt!" I heard Sonya calling.

"Yes, Sone?" You asked. That was your nickname for her. 'Sone'

"Do you want to go out and get something to eat with me.. You know, like a celebration that we finally made it here?"She asked.

"I would love to." I stated. "Just.. let me get showered and changed first" I said, with that she nodded her head and walked back to her room.

I walked into the bathroom with my suitcase and a towel, grabbing a pair of clothes, and turning on the shower. I placed the clothes in a neat pile on the counter, as I stripped my clothes off and stepped into the warm water.

**********************************************

I stepped out of the shower and put on my clothes, I then brushed my teeth, slipped on some socks and shoes, and walked downstairs to see Sonya waiting for me in the car, scrolling on her phone.

I got on the driver's side and asked where she wanted to go.

"I heard about this one place that's supposed to be really good.. Umm. I think it was called.. "Thanks-a-latte" or something like that.. It's a little diner just down the road from here. It mostly sells coffee and latte but they have real food too." she said.

I laughed slightly and said, "Alright."

"So basically go straight down this road, and then make a right, and then a left, then another left, and then you're pretty much there.." Sonya says.

*************************************

"Huh.. that was pretty close." I stated when we arrived two minutes later-

"Told ya" She said as we were waiting to be seated.

The girl that was supposed to seat us walked over and greeted us.

"Hello, My name is Allison. I'll be serving you today" She said with a genuine smile.

She looked around my age.. I wonder if I would be able to snag a job here. She seated us at a table by a window with a great view of the darkened sky.

"Here are your menus, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!" She said, about to walk away, but I said "Wait.. I uhh. Have a question."

Sonya gave me a look, clearly saying, 'She's cute.. You should ask her out' My sister has this thing, where she loves to ship people. Otherwise known as finding two people, thinking they would be cute together, and pushing until they get together or till they're on their last straw. Clearly she doesn't realize that she is definitely Not my type, to say the least.

"Yes?" She asks politely.

"Oh, I was just wondering, are you guys hiring?" I asked.

"Actually yes" She stated, smiling, "one of our employees recently got fired.. They were not great at their job.. Always stealing food off of people's plates- Not the best way to keep a job.. Anyways, would you like me to get you an interview with the manager? I can give you his number?" She offered.

"Sure! I solemnly swear that I won't steal food off of people's plates" I said, placing my hand over my heart, smiling. She laughed, "Good, Because I don't really feel like firing another employee."

She ran to the back to grab her phone and exchanged numbers with me, telling me she would text me his number later. Then she left to seat another customer, leaving me alone with Sonya.

I picked up my menu and started looking for something that looked good. In reality, just avoiding an awkward conversation with my little sister. "So.. She's cute.." Sonya said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Sonya, I'm not interested. I like guys, okay? I feel like I have had to spell this out to you, so many times!" I whisper yelled. Loud enough that Sonya could take the hint, but quiet enough that nobody else heard it.l

"Umm. No actually, you have refrained from telling me that information.. Wait... So you're gay?" She asked, squinting her eyes.

"Yes, now will you keep going on about it so the whole restaurant knows?" I asked sarcastically.

"Sure. Hey everyone, my brothers-!" She was cut off by my hand covering her face.

"If I uncover your mouth with you, promise to keep it shut." I spoke through gritted teeth.

*Inaudible, muffled words that sounded like "I don't know what youre talking about, but fine."*

I slowly removed my hand and she said, "What about him?"