XIX

***** Hyacinthus' POV *****

"No!" Is all I can scream when I see Kit's body hit the floor, Harry pushes his father out of the room and screams for the guards to come take him away. "Kit," I began patting his face, "Kit come on, stay with me." His eyes stay open but I can see his mind fading away from them. Harry runs over and puts pressure on Kit's wound, and I continue to keep him awake.

"Baby, I'm fine." he mumbles, and I kiss him softly.

"Don't tell me you're fine! I'm not leaving you until I know you're okay." I look at Harry and his eyes are filled with worry. Heinrich begins screaming outside the room, "Who's that man in my son's room?! Who is that?!" I shake my head since that's the only thing he's thinking about.

"Hey buddy, a nurse is on their way okay? Just keep looking at Hy." Harry says and begins looking around the room and comes running back with a glass of alcohol and a rag. "Okay, we got to clean the wound. His dagger looked pretty rusty." Harry whispers in my ear, and I know he is telling me to find a way to make him comfortable during the pain. I hold Kit's hand and begin soothing him before Harry pours the liquid, but once he does Kit lets out the loudest scream that I hope I'll never have to hear again. My heart aches at the screams coming from him as I hold him down to keep him from moving too much.

"Baby you need to hold still." I say as I struggle with him, and at my words he stops moving and looks at me.

"I love you Hyacinthus." He whispers as he passes out. Nurses come rushing in and I move to let them take care of him. I don't even get a chance to answer as they take him away. "I love you too." I whisper to myself as I see him disappear down the hallway.

A few hours later I am sitting by the entrance to the medical wing. Art brought me here after she cleaned me up and got me clean clothes. I never registered a word she said when she tried to talk to me. King Reagan walks in the entryway looking as flustered as ever, he walks over to Harry and Artemis, I never realized they were waiting with me,  and begins speaking to them. "What happened?" He asks in a stern tone, Artemis begins talking to him but Harry shoo's her off so they can talk alone. After Artemis comes over to me, Reagan and Harry begin talking in whispers.

"Hy, are you going to talk to me? I'm worried about you." Artemis puts a hand on my shoulder, and I shrug it off.

"I don't feel like talking, every time I breathe I feel like I'm going to be sick. I just want to know he's okay." I fiddle with my pants and realize I've put a hole in the knee area.

"We all do." She chokes out, holding back tears. I look over to her and wrap an arm around her, and begin sobbing into her shoulder.

"I can't lose him Art." I sob, and she coo's in my ear, calming me down.

A couple more hours pass, it feels like days at this point. My heart has been pounding in my ears and has caused me a very concerning headache. What if there's permanent damage? What if he bled out? A nurse walks out and we all look at her with hope and dread in our eyes. "He's okay." she smiles widely at all of us, "The doctor would like to talk to you though Prince Harry." Harry nods and walks with her, I'm assuming where the doctor is. Before they walk away Harry turns around and nods to me.

"Whatever is going to be said you should be there too." He motions for me to follow. I manage to get my legs to work and stand up. I follow them but I don't look up at all, I can only stare at my walking feet.

     We get to the outside of Kit's room and the nurse says something about Harry needing to speak to the doctor but I go straight to Kit. He is still sleeping in the hospital bed and is sickly pale, sweat glistens on his forehead even though he looks cold to the touch. Bile forms in my throat at the state he is in. I sit in the chair next to his bed and hold his hand and kiss it.