II

After finishing dinner My Father stands up, and looks to me with his soft but stern face.

"This was a great way to start this journey of finding Artemis, her future spouse. I believe it is time for you all to get to know each other a little better, and privately," he says, smiling at everyone, "

I looked at My Father with wide eyes silently yelling, 'Please,no!'. My Father ignores my plea, hands his plate to a handmaiden and walks out of the dining hall.
       I awkwardly smile at the four gentlemen hoping one speaks up first. They don't.

"So, did you all like the food?" I question, starting to bite my lip nervously, I can hear Josephine already telling me to stop it. They all agreed that they liked their food simultaneously, but no one spoke up.

  "Well it seems like everyone else is shaking in their boots, so I'll give it a go," Kit stands up chuckling and offers me his hand, I smile and gracefully grab his hand and he pulls me up from my seat gently. Kit and I walked out the side door into my family's greenhouse area. My Mother planted most of these flowers. I am surprised I've been able to keep them alive for so long since she's passed.
Kit sits down on a wooden bench and pulls my hand to encourage me to do the same.

"Everyone in there seems a little intimidated by you, I didn't know a beautiful princess like yourself could scare grown men," I feel my cheeks heat up at his 'beautiful' comment, but also find a bubble in my throat that sounds like a laugh.

"I think I am the most intimidated, you all seem so different from what I am used to," I notice myself scarring my thumbs once again, and try to distract myself with something else. I place my hand over Kits, he smiles at the gesture.

"So tell me about yourself, I'd love to hear more about you," I look into his coffee brown eyes, and I see wrinkles show on the sides of them.
Kit and I talked for a while it seems. My bum hurt from sitting on the bench for so long, but my stomach also hurt from laughing so much.

"Well," Kit stands up, reaching for my hand "we should get you back in there, I hope the others are much more boring then I am." I see a tingle of a smirk on his lips, showing he's being sarcastic. "Thank you for the company Kit, I'm sure I'll see you very soon." I feel my heels lift off the ground so I could be on my toes, and I softly kiss Kit on the cheek, we walk silently hand in hand back into the dining hall.

Once Kit and I made it to the dining hall, Hyacinthus immediately stood up and took long strides to quickly get to me.

      "Let me steal you away before anyone else gets any ideas," he links arms with me and I show him the way to our great hall. Before I even started a sentence, Hyacinthus immediately started talking about his kingdom and about all of the battles he has won. I yawn quietly out of boredom as the conversation ends.

"Well...thank you for that." I walk by myself, Hyacinthus walking behind me,

"Hey, wait!" he yells.
I roll my eyes, before gently turning around,

"yes?" I question softly,

"I don't get a goodbye kiss?" I chortle at the thought,

"For what? Talking about how great your kingdom is and how great of a swordsmen you are? No, thank you." I scoff, turning on my heel.

         I walk quickly into the dining hall, aimlessly walking into someone. "Oh! I am so sorry-" I look up and see Percy, his kind russet eyes looking back at mine. Percy blinks a ton before rubbing with his left hand, three rings on his fingers are what interest me the most.