Part 7: It Was Scary

"You guys better get these to figure eight. Get straight back here when your done. No fishing. I promised delivery by this afternoon. Rich folks don't want to wait on you" Heyward tells us while handing us bags of groceries. I was perfectly content in bed but Pope is making JJ come and in turn that means JJ is making me. 

------------------------

While we are on our way to figure 8. I'm sitting with my head against JJ's legs. 

"Doesn't even look like the storm hit here" Pope says to us. 

"That's because they got generators bro" JJ tells us. 

"Get use to it. It's going to be us soon" I add. 

"Damn straight. And they say juice will be out all summer in the cut" JJ replies smiling  at me. 

"Nice to be a kook" Pope sighs. 

"Lucky bastards" JJ says.

"I mean at least we aren't stuck up bastards like the kooks. If we came from money that's probably how we'd be" I told them. 

"You came from money" JJ reminds me. 

"Hardly. My mom had money doesn't mean I ever seen any of it. It went into her bank account and then right into her drug addiction" I laughed. 

I decided to deliver groceries with Pope while JJ went off and did his own thing because I talk to JJ all the time. I hardly ever talk to Pope anymore. 

"How are you Popey" I ask

"Stop calling me that. But I'm good" he replies 

"Nope" I joke. He rolls his eyes in response. 

"Oh by the way I won't tell anyone about you and JJ" he says and I almost choke on my own saliva. 

"What?" I stutter. 

"Your boyfriend has a big mouth" he smirks. 

"Not my boyfriend but yeah apparently" I sigh.

"Man that party was awesome" I hear Topper say before Pope can respond. I look up to see Dumb And Dumber. A.K.A Topper and Rafe; my worst enimies.

"I mean my first thought when I did the line was 'bro do we have enough' It was crazy" he continues. Of course he's doing coke with Rafe. Why am I not surprised. 

"I know right. That was good shit" Rafe replies cleary stoned out of his mind. 

"Hey you uh you didn't tell Sarah did you?" Topper replies. I mean at least he's not stoned enough to forget he has a girlfriend. 

"Are you kidding me man? The wat she runs her mouth? Hell, no" But Rafe is clearly stoned enough to forget how to be a decent brother. Actually no, he never knew how to do that. 

"I don't think they're members" I hear Rafe say. Apparently he's unfourtanetly not high enough to forget I'm a person. 

"It's fine. Let's go get your ball, let's go" Topper says trying to difuse the situation before it starts. 

"Her little boy toy put a gun to your head bro" Rafe fights back. Oh fuck. JJ and his stupid gun are going to be the death of me. Literally. 

"That's fine. It's fine let's go" Topper tries again. 

"Hey, what's up man?" Rafe starts. 

"Princess, how you doing babygirl" He says to me. Coming from him it feels so different then when JJ calls me those names. Coming from Rafe it sounds disgusting and filthy. 

"Go fuck yourself" I tell him calmly

"How much for one of those beers?" Rafe contines completely ignoring me.