Part 14: 'I Know Who I'd Choose'

After a few minutes of crying I hear a knock on my door. 

"Fuck off John B" I call out. 

"It's me Bales" I hear JJ's voice. 

"Oh you can come in" I tell him. 

"Hey" he says softly while approaching me. 

"Hi" I whisper. 

"Are you okay?" he asks putting a hand on my back.

"No" I say so quietly I'm not even sure he heard it but I know he did because he pulls me into his arms and hugs me. 

"Why couldn't he choose me over her? No one ever chooses me" I sob into his shoulder.

"Bales that's not true" he tells me while running his hands through my hair. 

"It is. You're telling me if it was between me and the love of your life you'd choose me?" 

"Yes. Because you are the love of my life Bales" he says softly. 

"But why couldn't John B pick me over Sarah?" I whisper. 

"Cuz he's an idiot. If it makes you feel any better I'd pick you every single time" 

"It does" I say cuddling into him. 

"Go to sleep Bales I can tell you're tired" he says laying us down so I was laying on top of him. 

"I can't I have to go check on Kie. I'll be back and then we are having a nap" I say rushing to go find Kie. 

"Hey love" I call out once I find her. 

"I hate John B right now." she tells me. 

"Me too" I sigh sitting down beside her. 

"What happened between you and Sarah bubs?" 

"Look, it's just because I know how this ends. I've seen this movie. I starred in it. I mean, freshman year, it was my first year at the Kook Academy. You know how intimidating that is? And one of these things is obviously not like the other. I mean, I didn't have anything in common with anyone, and just as I'm about to slit my wrists, the queen asks me if I wanna go save baby sea turtles. Our first day together, we walked to the beach. We waited for the hatch, and we kept the seagulls off so that the turtles could get to the water." Kie begins explaining to me. I smile softly at her edging her to continue. 

"It was the best day of my life. And then she turned on me like she does with everyone. Look, I'm not doing this with her. He's gonna have to choose." Kie  adds. 

"You know he's not going to do that" I tell her. 

"Why not?" She asks brokenly. 

"Because in the wise words of JJ Maybank John B is an idiot." I tell her with a smile. 

"Did JJ go after you once you went into his room?" Kie asks me. 

"Yeah"

"What'd he say?" she asks. 

"Well I was upset because how could my own twin choose someone else over me. And I asked JJ why no one ever chooses me and he told me that wasn't true so I asked if it was between me and the love of his life who would he choose. He said that I was the love of his life so it didn't matter what he'd always choose me" I begin and she squeals loudly her shitty mood seemingly evaporated. 

"Are you guys dating yet?" she questions. 

"Um we are keeping it on the down low right now but yeah" 

"omg finally. When did you guys make it offical?"

"After we dropped you at the hospital. I told him to ask me again and he did and I said yes" I say and she squeals before hugging me tightly. 

"Well I told JJ I'd meet him back at the Chateau so I'll see you later" I say and she nods happily. 

"Hey Kiki" I call out before leaving. 

"yeah?" she questions.  

"If it were me I know who I'd choose." I tell her 

MEANWHILE WITH THE BOYS

"What'd she say?" John B asked Pope after he walked in to the kitchen after talking to Kie. 

"That you're an idiot." Pope states matter of factly. 

"What about Bales?" John B asks JJ. 

"She's pissed at you. You really scewed up" JJ answers. 

"It's a no-brainer. You're picking Kie and Baylee" JJ adds. 

"Look, I can't make a decision." John B tells the two boys. 

"So what? We're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped? We can't do this without Kie and Baylee, and you know it. Plus I don't want to do it without them" JJ argues trying to defend his girlfriend who is obviously feeling very hurt by the actions of her twin brother. 

"And I can't do it without Sarah. Okay? They all have to be in on it." John B fights back. 

"Well, good luck with that." JJ and Pope tell him knowing there's no way Baylee will just forgive and forget and as long as Baylee doesn't like Sarah Kie will stand by Baylee's side. 

"You know what? I know this was my fault, all right? But it's our problem. I've got a plan. And you two shitheads are gonna help me out." JB states causing JJ to roll his eyes. All JJ can think that is if Baylee breaks up with JJ because of John B JJ will kill him. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

THANKS FOR READINGGG!! IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO SEE IN THIS BOOK PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I'LL TRY TO ADD IT. MY MOTIVATION HAS BEEN COMPLETELY GONE LATELY BUT I'M TRYING TO GET PARTS OUT FOR YOU ALL.