Part 11: 'Ask Me Again'

"Hit it, boys! We're goin'. Recon mission." JJ says attempting to get out of the van but John B stops him.

"Yo, uh... so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself... tonight." John B tells us.

"Really?" JJ state angry to be put on the sideline.

"What?" John B asks him.

"Nothin'." JJ shrugs before coming to sit on the ground in front of me.

"I don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery." John B explains. I ignore him and start running my hands through JJ's hair.

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all." Kie argues.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay? It's... it's just, uh, like a... a business meeting... thing. Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right? Plus, we need the map." John B says and if he wasn't my twin I would probably believe him but I can tell he is lying right through his teeth.

"Promise me nothing's happening between you." Kie begs.

"Nothing is happening, Kie." he lies. Meanwhile JJ moves to rest his head on my thigh before shutting his eyes clearly over listening to the arguing. I continue to massage his scalp and he grins widely.

"I'm being serious. This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude, she's gonna get inside your head. Just promise me nothing's happening between you guys." Kie continues to beg.

"I promise." he states.

"That was really believable."

"A hundred percent believable."

"Anyways, um... I'm gonna take care of business." John B tells us and in response JJ pretends to deep throat something with his hands.

"You're gonna take care of it." JJ says and I have to stiffle a laugh.

"We'll just sit here in the hot-ass car. While it's lightning." JJ complains and I move to sit beside him putting my head on his shoulder.

"Kiara, Baylee, holding onto your grudge is like drinking poison and thinking Sarah will die." Pope tries to reason with us.

"Exactly." JJ agrees even though he likely has no idea what's going on.

"I need fresh air" I say before standing up and stepping out of the car.

"Hi Bubs" I hear Kie say.

"Hey" I say softly.

"You doing okay?" she asks.

"No. Are you?"

"Nope" she sighs coming to lean against the tree across from the one I'm leaning on.

"Since John B is dating people you don't agree with I think you should just go out with JJ already" Kie says with a smile.

"I've already been thinking about that" I smirk.

"Wait do you hear that?" she asks and I listen closely and hear a scream.

"Oh shit that's Sarah" I say rushing to the noise. I see John B laying on the floor and I feel my heart drop.

"John B" i say worriedly before sitting beside him. Although as soon as I see Sarah kiss him suddenly all my worry has turned into saddness and betrayal. I stand up slowly backing away until I back into someone.

"It's okay" JJ coos wrapping his arms around me. Although I can hardly make out what anyone is saying over the ringing in my ears. After a while I feel myself getting lifted up and placed inside a vehicle I briefly recongnize as the twinkie.

"Bales? Hospital or home?" I hear JJ ask.

"Niether" I whisper and he hops out of the drivers seat and come to gently crouch in front of me.

"Where do you want to go?" he says while gently putting his hands on my cheaks.

"Just drive" I practically beg.

"Can you take me to the hospital?" Pope asks JJ.

"Yeah me too. I know you can't be there Bales but I'll be there for you" Kie says wrapping an arm around me.

"Thanks love" I says curling into her. After we drop Kie and Pope at the hospital JJ tells me to move to the front seat and I do. I sit beside him in the passengers seat and he smiles softly at me.

"Remember that thing you wanted us to be?" I ask him curiously.

"Boyfriend and girlfriend?" he inquires to which I nod.

"What about it?" he asks.

"Ask me again" I say softly.

"Baylee Routeldge will you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" he asks with the biggest grin on his face I have ever seen.

"I would love too" I said. He leaned into me and we pressed our lips together.

"Where do you want to go now?" he asks me after we've pulled away.

"I just want to drive" I tell him and he seems to agree with that answer because we pull out of the parking spot and he just drives.

Author's Note

Soo JJ and Baylee are finally together which I am really excited about.

What did happen between Baylee and Sarah? I mean Baylee hasn't been on the island much in the last 6 years.