Part 16: The Gold!!

"You got rope?" John B asks.

"Got it" Pope comfirms.

"John B!" Baylee calls out.

"What's up Baylee?" John B says with a smile he missed seeing his baby sister happy and free like this.

"Why do you call yourself John B? Do we have another brother named John A?" she asks causing the group to laugh.

"I don't know Bales" he replies softly not wanting to upset the girl.

"Do we have a grappling hook?" John B asks.

"We don't have a grappling hook. We're not batman" Pope answers causing Baylee to smile and look up at JJ.

"I'm Batman" she says in a deep voice before bursting out laughing causing JJ to smile at her. Everyone was happy to see Baylee this happy and free; even Sarah. No one had seen her like this in a really long time. But Kie and JJ couldn't help but let their minds wander as to what Baylee is hiding from by getting high.

"Pulley?" John B asks.

"Check" Kie answers.

"Dark Clothes?" John B asks looking at everyone.

"Yes. I look emo" Baylee groans.

"Baylee misses her jean shorts and colorful crop tops" JJ teases the girl.

"You miss them too" Baylee bites back causing JJ's face to go red and the other pogues to laugh at the boy.

"Flashlights?" John B questions moving on.

"Check" JJ comfirms.

"All right, good. We're ready" John B states.

"Let's go" Kie says

"Let's go get rich guys" JJ cheers.

"Hell yeah" Kie cheers in agreement.

"Let's go boys and girls" Kie says

"Right on" Sarah agrees.

"Wait, Wait" John B says stopping everyone from getting out.

"I wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight. Especially you Bales even though you are mad at me" he says looking at his sister. He truthfully does know what he would do if his sister hadn't flown back it just felt wrong with out her and even though he is unlikely to admit it John B missed Baylee more than anything.

"Always" Kie tells the Routledge boy.

"Of course man" Pope agrees.

"All right, we done with the circle jerk? Can we go do this?" JJ says.

"Always have to ruin the moment J" Baylee comments walking towards her brother.

"Forgive me?" John B asks.

"No. But I love you. And I missed you a lot" Baylee says wrapping her arms around her big brother.

"You missed me when you moved away?" John B asks in shock. As much as he hasn't admitted it since him and JJ talked about it John B really blamed himself for Baylee leaving in the first place and he didn't think she missed him or regreted her choice at all.

"No well yes but I meant last night on the boat" Baylee comfirms which throws the whole group off but no one mentions it.

"Let's go" JJ whines jumping out of the van before turning to help Baylee get out.

"Let's go get that wheat in the water" Pope says referring to the secret message regarding the gold.

"Weed? I'm up for weed" JJ says mishearing Pope.