Chapter 12: A Solution to the Problem

As Emily and her family settled into her grandparents' house, Emily's mom pulled her aside to talk to her about the accident that had happened on the road trip.

"Emily, I'm sorry that I didn't pack anything to help you with your accidents," her mom said. "I didn't realize that you were still having trouble with that. I want to make sure that you're comfortable and that you have everything you need."

Emily felt a lump form in her throat. She had been embarrassed about the accident, but she was also relieved that her mom was finally acknowledging the problem.

"It's okay, Mom," Emily said. "I know accidents happen. I just didn't want to talk about it."

"I understand," her mom said. "But I want to help you. I bought some things that I think will make you more comfortable. I got you some special underwear and some pads that will help absorb any accidents."

Emily felt a mix of emotions. She was grateful that her mom was trying to help her, but she was also embarrassed that her mom had to buy her special underwear.

"Thanks, Mom," Emily said. "I appreciate it."

Emily's mom gave her a hug. "I love you, Emily," she said. "I just want to make sure that you're okay."

Over the course of the trip, Emily used the special underwear and pads that her mom had bought for her. They made her feel more secure and comfortable, and she was grateful that her mom had taken the time to find a solution to the problem.

As the days passed, Emily started to feel more confident about her condition. She knew that accidents could still happen, but she also knew that she had the support of her family to help her through any challenges.

On the last day of their trip, Emily's mom pulled her aside again. "I just want you to know that I'm proud of you, Emily," she said. "You've been so brave and strong, and I know that you'll continue to be."

Emily felt a surge of emotion. She knew that her mom loved her and that she would always be there for her. She gave her mom a hug and whispered, "Thanks, Mom. I love you too."