Chapter 14: Back to Pull-Ups

After the accident on the car ride home, Emily felt defeated. She had been doing so well, but the accident made her feel like a failure. She didn't want to go back to wearing pull-ups, but she didn't know what else to do.

"I think it's time to go back to pull-ups," her mom said gently.

Emily nodded, feeling tears prick at the corners of her eyes. She didn't want to go back to wearing pull-ups, but she knew her mom was right. She couldn't keep having accidents like this.

The next day, her mom took her to the store to buy some pull-ups. Emily felt embarrassed walking down the aisle, knowing that everyone could see what they were buying. But her mom didn't seem to care. She just wanted to help her daughter feel comfortable and confident.

When they got home, Emily put on a pull-up. It felt strange to be wearing one again after all the progress she had made. But it also felt comforting. She knew that she wouldn't have any accidents while wearing it.

Over the next few days, Emily started to feel more comfortable with the idea of wearing pull-ups again. She even started to see the benefits. She didn't have to worry about finding a bathroom all the time, and she didn't have to worry about having accidents in public.

"I think I like wearing pull-ups," Emily said to her mom one day.

"That's great, Emily," her mom said, smiling. "Whatever makes you feel comfortable is what we'll do."

Emily felt relieved. She knew that her family loved her no matter what, and that gave her the confidence to keep going. She might not be ready to be fully potty trained yet, but she knew that she would get there eventually.