008

Ace VS The Whitebeard Pirates

5.6k words

Warnings: cursing.

*

Third Persons POV

Ace groans waking up from his sleep. He felt something soft underneath his body which confused him. He could've sworn the last he remembered he was fighting Jimbei who offered to fight him instead of Whitebeard.

It left a slightly bitter taste that he didn't win against the Warlord.

Yet.

He may not have won against the Warlord but he knew he would one day. In fact he's positive if he were to go up against Jimbei again he'd come out victorious.

If fact even after this loss, he still believes he can take on Whitebeard and win when he gets better.

Shifting around a bit in the bed, Ace thinks Deuce must have brought him to the infirmary after the battle and relaxed a little better. He really wanted to go out and fight Whitebeard but his body hurt all over and he had no clue where the Emperor went off to.

He felt a pressure on his hand and realized that it's been there since he woke up. Opening his eyes, Ace is startled to see the red and h/c haired girl at his side and holding his hand in both of hers. He shuffles closer to notice that she was sleeping soundly and he looks around the room he was in, finding it to be unfamiliar.

Ace wasn't on his ship like he first thought.

Not knowing where he was or if he was safe, Ace stands up and goes to look through the cabinets. In there he takes out a piece of paper only to freeze when he sees the logo on it.

A whale.

The realization dawned on him. He was on Whitebeard's ship, in the middle of enemy territory with nothing to protect himself, and y/n sitting in a chair fast asleep.

His brain was going a mile a minute and all it was telling him to do was get out. Leave before something bad happens.

And to take y/n with him.

He didn't know why she was there but it didn't matter. All he knew for certain was that they had to escape. He thinks she may have been kidnapped after an attack gone wrong. That perhaps they put them both in there together and forced her to look after him once learning they knew each other.

There were so many unanswered questions, so many holes in the story that Ace was just going with the first one he thought of.

Now he could've woken her up and asked but he didn't. He figured it would be easier to not burden her with the details and once they're safe she'll have nothing to worry about.

"I'm so sorry," Ace whispers picking her up bridal style. He saw how short her outfit was as his hands gripped her thighs and he could only hope he wasn't exposing her.

Y/n shuffles around in her sleep, digging her head into Ace's chest and wrapping her arms around his neck.

Ace smiles down at her. "Cute," he comments only then noticing his hat on the bedside table. "Shit," he mumbled moving as smoothly as he could to grab his hat and not drop the girl.

Once successful, Ace opens the door to the room and looks out left and right before making his escape. He runs down the hallway of the ship feeling the ache in his bones as he did. His body was exhausted beyond belief after fighting for five days straight. He wasn't even sure how he was making all this movement without fainting. However one look at the sleeping woman in his arms made him realize he wasn't doing it for himself, he was doing it for her.