Chapter 1 - Wait, You're a Teacher?!

I love Korea about as much as I love Elvis (I've lived in Seoul before), so that's why I got so into the show "XO, Kitty." It's such a cute show, and I became a fan of all the characters. I hope you like this story that I wrote recently, like in the past year. 

~ ~ ~

I was finally in my dream city of Seoul! Ever since I was around ten years old, I had been completely obsessed with Korea and anything that had to do with the country. So, I did all I could to prepare myself for starting my senior year at an international high school called Korea Independent School of Seoul, or as everyone called it—KISS. The very school was staring back at me as I stood there at the curb with my pink roller suitcase.

"I can't believe I'm here," I awed as people passed me, and they were foreigners like me, as well as Korean people. They could be natives or Koreans that were raised elsewhere like the US, England or Australia. And thankfully, all the classes were in English. I could only introduce myself in Korean and say small phrases that I learned from K-pop and K-dramas.

I started walking onto the campus, and I passed more people. This was a dream come true. Heck, when I stepped off the plane, I wanted to kiss the ground since I was so happy to be in Korea. Nevermind that I could almost drink the air because of the humidity and that it was sweltering outside.

"Okay, time to find the dorms..." I said and looked around. Where the heck were they? This looked like a college campus. Maybe asking for help would be wise. Thank heavens everyone spoke English. I spotted a guy with black hair talking with a Caucasian guy, and I heard English... with an Australian accent!

A tall Korean guy who spoke English with an Australian accent? Yes, please! I was totally hoping to date a hot Korean guy while here, no matter if he was a native or from somewhere else.

He stopped talking with the blonde and started walking away. "Oh, excuse me!" I called, and he stopped and turned around. I blinked a couple of times as I stared at this really hot Korean guy with glasses and a black vest over a blue dress shirt. This was actually my first time ever talking to a Korean guy. He was the stereotypical hot nerd!

"Can I help you, miss?" he asked in that accent as he made a cute little smirk. Miss? He called me miss? Maybe he was just being polite.

"Yes, yes," I said, trying to snap out of it. "I'm looking for the girls' dorms. I literally just arrived here and have no idea where I'm going."

He let off a larger smile that made his Asian eyes look like just slits. But it was so cute! "I see. Yes, this campus is quite the maze. I was pretty turned around when I started out here last year. So, I will walk you to the student center where you will get your class schedule and dorm information so you know which dorm you'll be in."

"I suppose that would be wise to do." I put my hand out. "I'm Addison Fletcher."

He shook my hand, and I felt how soft his hand was as a zing ran up my arm. "Alex Finnerty. It's a pleasure to meet you. You are from the US?"

He dropped my hand, and I was sad that he did so. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well. And, yes, I'm from nowheresville Montana, USA. Meaning, I'm from a small country town no one knows about. Are you from Australia?"

"Yes, Melbourne, Australia. Shall we?"

We started walking, and I felt tingles everywhere. I was walking and talking with a hot Korean guy from Australia! This was unreal! I wanted to know more about this guy.

"So, you said this is your second year here?" I asked as I pulled along my suitcase.

"Oh, let me get that for you, Addison," Alex said.