Chapter 11 - Rewrite the Stars

Saturday was spent at my dorm being lazy and trying to figure out what to do about Dae and Alex. When Dae dragged me away after we saw Alex, he looked honestly kind of mean. Maybe he was just ticked that another girl was drifting from him. He didn't want to let that happen. The way he grabbed me... it should've been hot, but it was kind of possessive. I couldn't blame him, though.

My phone dinged as I was making myself some dinner, and my blonde hair was pulled back—the dye washed out after one shower. It was Dae, asking me if we could meet and hang out. Really, I just wanted to avoid him for the time being until he let off some steam. I texted him back, I want you to be happy the next time I see you, so when that can happen, let me know.

He didn't respond after that, but ten minutes later, there was knocking on the door. My heart started racing. Did Dae really just show up? Too bad my roommates were all home, or else I wouldn't be able to let him in.

"Well, you gonna get it?" asked Becca as she sat on the sofa as she was using her laptop.

"Yeah, I will. You know what's going on with Dae right now, though. He's not himself."

"Or he is."

That took me aback. "What?"

"I think when people are upset, they show their true selves. If this is how Dae really is, then..."

She didn't finish, but I knew what she was going to say. "He's a good person. We all know that."

"Maybe, but now, he's a little scary. The way you described his expression as you two left last night was 'kinda scary.' It was like he was a lion protecting his pray from a predator."

I unfortunately had to agree with her. "He's just acting like that because he doesn't want to lose me like he lost Kitty. I think that really scarred him."

There was knocking again, and I bucked up my nerve and went to get the door. When I opened it, I was shocked to see that person there. "Q? I was totally expecting Dae."

"Yeah... he's not so great at the moment. He begged me to come and talk to you. Min Ho would be with me, but he's busy being on a date with Yuna."

"She literally left twenty minutes ago for that. It's about time, really. Has he and Dae made up?"

"They talked about it all this morning, but there's still some tension. It'll take time. Now, can I came in?"

"Yeah, yeah, sorry."

He came in, and we came into the kitchen. Q greeted Becca and congratulated her on her new relationship with Jamie. Apparently, whenever Q talked to Jamie, since they were neighbors, he would mention Becca.

"The guy's been hot for you from the beginning," Q said. "Took you two long enough."

"I know, I know, but at least we're together now," she said, grinning. "So... about Dae..."

"Yeah, like I said, he's not doing so hot. He really doesn't know why you're avoiding him, Addison."

I was busy making some ramen on the stove. "He's ticked right now. When he's ticked, he's kind of mean."

Q came over to the island counter and leaned on it with folded arms, his brown eyes on me. "You know he's been through a lot in the past year. Cut the guy some slack. After what happened with Kitty, he's not confident that a girl will stay with him. You're hooked on Alex. You get why he's being a bit possessive."

"I do, it's just... uncomfortable. I would rather have the Dae that I knew before we started dating."

"Are you saying you're going to break up with him after he told you that he loves you?"