Chapter 5

Jai Shree Krishna ❣️
***********************************

Chapter 5

Jhilmil and Kavish walked hand in hand through the serene paths of the rock garden in Darjeeling. The tranquil surroundings provided a momentary escape from the worries and stresses of daily life. They marvelled at the beauty of the meticulously crafted rock formations, taking in the soothing sounds of nature that surrounded them.

“Shunchen, ekta kotha chilo aapnar saathe.” Jhilmil said as they sat on one of the benches in the garden. ( Suniye, ek baat karni thi aapke saath. Listen, I want to talk about something to you.)

“Hmm, shunchi, Tumi bolo.” He said, smiling at her. (Hmm, listening, you say.)

Her eyes sparkled with intrigue as she leaned in closer. "Did you ever have a girlfriend before we got married?"

Kavish raised an eyebrow, amused by her question. He leaned back, a playful grin spreading across his face. "Well, my dear wife, you've certainly piqued my interest with that question. Why do you ask?"

Jhilmil giggled, her fingers tracing patterns on his arm. "I'm just curious.  We are going to spend the rest of our lives together and I just want to know more about your past. Also, that way I would be able to know which woman to punch. You know, the world is a small place." She giggled once again.

The innocent possessiveness in her voice melted his heart. Kavish's gaze softened as he took a moment to reflect. "To be honest, Jhilmil, I never had a girlfriend before I met you."

Jhilmil's eyes widened in surprise and happiness. "Shotti (Really?)Never?"

He nodded, a hint of nostalgia flickering in his eyes. "No, not really. During my high school and College years, I was focused on my studies, always striving for excellence. I didn't have much time for relationships or dating."

Jhilmil's fingers gently entwined with his, a gesture of comfort and understanding.

“You have come so far. Believe me, you are the best Son, Brother and Husband.” She said and promptly kissed his cheek. Kavish grew scarlet with his wife's sweet boldness.

A bittersweet smile crossed Kavish's lips. "Thank you, Jhilmil. But life had other plans for me. Just when I was in the final year of my B.Tech, my father suddenly passed away. It was a devastating blow for our family, and I had to step up to take care of the household responsibilities."

Jhilmil's expression softened with empathy as she squeezed his hand. "I'm so sorry. That must have been incredibly challenging for you."

Kavish nodded, his gaze filled with a mixture of sadness and resilience. "It was indeed a difficult time, but I had to be strong for my family. I had to find a job immediately to support them. Pursuing an MBA, which I had initially planned, had to be put on hold. And now MBA is a long forgotten plan."

Jhilmil leaned closer, her presence a source of comfort. "You're such a remarkable person. Despite facing such hardships, you've always remained determined and responsible. I admire you for that."

Kavish's eyes met hers, gratitude shining through. "And I'm grateful to have you by my side, Jhilmil. You bring light and joy into my life every single day."

They shared a tender moment, their hands intertwined, the depth of their connection palpable. In that moment, Jhilmil understood that their journey together was not just about their present or future, but about embracing each other's pasts, supporting one another through the joys and challenges that life had brought their way.

Amidst the peaceful atmosphere, Jhilmil's phone rang, startling both of them. She quickly answered the call, her brows furrowing with concern as she listened intently to the voice on the other end. Kavish watched her, sensing that something was amiss.