𝟏𝟏

August 22, XXXX

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Princess," Kaeya called as he knocked on your door.

"Yes?" you replied as you opened the door.

"King Diluc would like to see you in his study. It sounded urgent." Your brows furrowed as you nodded your head.

"It's early in the morning, is everything alright?" you asked as you stepped out of your room.

"I wish I knew more details." The two of you walked to your brother's study. The whole way there, Kaeya could sense your confusion.

"Don't worry about it too much," he said as you two arrived. "I'm sure it's nothing that serious."

You raised a fist to the door, giving it a knock. A muffled 'come in' sounded through the door. You sharply inhaled as you pushed open the door.

The morning light streamed through the window, illuminating the room. From the window, you could see the vineyard. Your brother sat at his desk, his fiery hair seemingly glowed from the sunlight. Your confusion only grew when you saw Kaveh sitting across from Diluc.

"Good morning," Diluc greeted.

"Good morning."

"Take a seat," your brother instructed as he gestured towards the empty chair next to the knight. Wordlessly, you listened. "Sir Kaveh, how are you feeling today?"

"I'm feeling well, Your Highness," the blonde nervously replied.

"Well enough to travel?" Your eyes widened at Diluc's question.

"Apologies for interrupting, but Barbara said he'd be well enough to travel in four days. It's only been three." Deafening silence flooded the room as two pairs of eyes fell on you.

Kaveh looked at you both in gratefulness and in concern. He was thankful for your interruption, as he didn't know how to face Diluc after yesterday's events. At the same time, he was worried as to how Diluc would respond to your sudden outburst.

Diluc, on the other hand, wore an unreadable expression. He was assessing the situation and your and Kaveh's reactions. Suddenly, Ayato's words echoed in his head. 'A little push, if you know what I mean.'

"I'm planning to write a letter, updating Prince Alhaitham of Kaveh's condition," your brother informed.

"Oh," you said as you hung your head.

"I plan on finishing it before this afternoon and letting Dawn fly it to Sumeru." You nodded at your brother's words, knowing his falcon will deliver it quickly. "It's going to detail how Kaveh's condition suddenly got worse." Your head snapped up, your eyes meeting Diluc's crimson hues.

"Worse?" you echoed.

"King Diluc," Kaveh nervously spoke up, "what are you doing? I have duties to the prince."

"Not if your feeling ill," your brother countered. "Since your condition took a turn for the worse, you'll need at least three more days in Mond to recover."

"I don't understand," the blonde commented while shaking his head.

"It seems my sister enjoys your company," Diluc bluntly replies. Your eyes widened at his observation. "It's been a while since I've seen her enjoy herself as much as she does with you, so I don't mind having you stay a few more days, if that's okay with you two."

"I see," Kaveh said. "In that case, I don't mind."

"Y/N?" the redhead asked as he turned to you.

"I-uh," you stammered, "I don't mind, but are you sure you'd want to lie to one of your friends about this? I could just write the letter myself and ask. Our two kingdoms have good relations."