𝟏𝟑

August 26, XXXX

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Kaveh wondered how he got himself in this situation.

When you knocked on his door earlier and asked if he trusted you, he didn't think it would lead to him being blindfolded.

You were leading him somewhere, but he didn't know where. All he could deduce was that you two were outside. A breeze blew against his hair, tickling the side of his face.

"Y/N," he called, "are we there yet?" The blonde could feel your grip on his hand tighten.

"Almost," you replied.

"You said that ten minutes ago."

"We're really almost there."

"Y/N," he whined.

"Kaveh," you repeated with a laugh.

"That's not funny," huffed the knight.

"Okay, we're here," you said with glee. "You can take the blindfold off."

Kaveh's hand reached behind his head and untied the cloth blocking his vision. The blonde slightly squinted as he peeled the fabric from his eyes. In front of him, he saw you, clutching a basket. Behind you, the sun was high in the afternoon sky, shining on the surface of the water.

"Where are we?" he asked. Awe was present in his ruby eyes.

"This is Cider Lake," you replied as you pulled a cloth sheet from your basket. Carefully, you laid it down on the ground and set your basket in the middle.

"Cider Lake," he repeated.

"Come on," you beckoned to him, waving him over to you as you sat on the sheet. Kaveh did the same.

You looked over the knight in front of you. His blonde hair danced in the breeze. Some of it was held back by a few red hair clips. The usual blue feather sat in his hair. Kaveh's ruby eyes shone with a happiness you hadn't previously seen.

"Here," you said as you handed him a sandwich from the basket. The blonde graciously took it.

"Thank you," he replied with a smile. You observed as he took a bite from the sandwich. Satisfaction was present in his features.

"Do you like it?"

"Yes!" Kaveh exclaimed. "I love it."

"That's good to hear," you nodded. "I insisted on helping the maids make the food today." The knight's eyes widened.

"You made this?" he asked. You nodded proudly. "I'm going to steal this recipe before I leave." Your smile morphed into a thin line.

"I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow," you told him.

The knight shrugged. "I can't either. I've really enjoyed my time here though."

"Good to know," you replied before taking a bite of your sandwich.

"Oh, that reminds me," Kaveh started, "is it alright if I write to you?"

"Of course! I actually planned on doing the same."

A gentle laugh escapes Kaveh's lips. You, having nothing to say, just continued eating your sandwich. He watched as you did, trying to burn this image into his mind. There you were, within arms reach of the knight, yet somehow untouchable.

Your back was to the glistening lake, making it seem as if you were glowing. The navy blue fabric of your dress splayed across the sheet. You took another bite of the sandwich. He watched as your lips curved upwards ever so slightly and how you moved your hand to cover your mouth as you chewed. These seemingly mundane actions seemed graceful in Kaveh's ruby eyes.

A rush of heat raced to Kaveh's cheeks when your gaze suddenly met his.

"Do I have something on my face?" you asked.

He quickly shook his head. "No. I apologize for staring. I was just enjoying the view."

"It's alright! I understand. It's beautiful out here, isn't it?" you laughed.

He fixed his eyes on your features once again. "It really is."

A silence filled the air as you and Kaveh both finished your sandwiches. The cookies you brought remained untouched in your basket as you looked at the man in front of you.

"Thank you," you said. "For the past week, you've been such great company, and even before then, it's been nice running into you."

"The feeling is mutual," he responded. "Though a part of me wishes I knew you sooner."

You nodded your head. "Definitely. I danced with all of my friends at Diluc's coronation, maybe I would've danced with you if we met sooner."

Kaveh's eyes lit up as an idea planted itself in his head. Quickly, he stood and walked towards you.

"What are you doing?" you asked. The knight held his hand out to you.

"May I have the honor of dancing with you?"

"Here?"

"Why not?"

He grinned when you put your hand in his. You stood up, letting him lead you away from the makeshift picnic spot. Once he stopped, you moved to stand in front of him. Your left hand found its way to Kaveh's shoulder. Similarly, the knight rested his hand on your waist. Kaveh swayed, leading you into a waltz.

"I apologize in advance," he said as he spun you. "I'm not the best dancer."

"I don't mind," you giggled.

His hand returned to its spot at your waist, this time pulling you closer to him. Kaveh's gaze was fixed on your features, wanting to ensure you weren't uncomfortable with the action. To his surprise, you weren't.

You actually leaned into him – mere centimeters separated you two. You looked to the man, wordlessly asking for permission. The blonde nodded, understanding what you wanted to do. With that, you pressed the side of your face to his chest. You could hear the thumping sound from inside his chest, steady as a drum.

"I believe I won't think of Mondstadt in the same way because of my stay here," Kaveh whispered, voicing his thoughts. His hand left your waist, instead going to softly stroke your hair.

"Did you really enjoy it that much?"

"Of course."

"What did you like most?"

He opened his mouth, but no words came out. 'You,' Kaveh wanted to say, but he stopped himself.

"It's given me a lot of inspiration for art."

The knight couldn't see the radiant smile spread across your face. "Your art is beautiful. Please don't ever stop drawing and painting."

"Believe me," sighed Kaveh, "I won't."

The two of you stayed like that – in each other's arms – until the sun began to sink. Afterwards, he helped you pack the basket and sheet. Then you both began the walk back to the castle, hand in hand.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

No journal entry this time! I hope you enjoyed! :>