𝟏𝟐

August 23, XXXX

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

It was early in the morning when a knock on your door woke you up. Sluggishly, you got up from your bed, careful not to alert a sleeping Tatsu. A bashful Kaeya stood outside your door.

"Sorry for waking you again, Princess."

"It's fine," you replied as you rubbed your eyes. "It's not the first time you've done this."

"I suppose," he chuckled. "I came to remind you of the promise Diluc made you where he'd train you instead of Varka." Your face lit up.

"He got permission from Varka?"

"Yes, he just got the letter yesterday."

"When are we training then?" you buzzed.

"In about an hour. I'll knock again when it's time."

"Thank you, Kaeya!"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Your brother stood next to you. His sharp eyes watched as you held your sword.

"Hold it like this," Diluc instructed as he readjusted his grip on the claymore. You mirrored his actions with your sword. "Good, now do what I do."

He lifted his claymore above his head and brought it down in front of him in one swift motion. "Did Kaeya ever teach you this movement?"

"No," you responded as you followed Diluc's motion. "I would just watch him do it then copy him."

"Varka made us do that a hundred times every morning."

"Ninety-nine more for me to do then," you joked. You lifted your sword over your head once again and brought it down. Your brother did the same with a small smile.

"Be sure to keep your head up and your arms straight. Plant your feet firmly."

"Okay."

Once again, your sword was in the air above your head and brought it down to the space in front of you. Diluc slowed his pace to match yours. As you two continued to swing, your brother took a glance at you. The eagerness in your eyes reminded him of when he first picked up his claymore. That eagerness carried him through each and every training session with Varka, shaping him to be the fighter he is today.

'She's going to be great.'

"Diluc," you called once you two did about forty swings. "Thank you again for letting Kaveh stay a few more days."

"You don't need to thank me," he replied. "It's refreshing to see you like this, especially since you haven't been this happy since before Father –" Diluc stopped himself with a sigh. Your lips pressed into a thin line, knowing what he meant to say.

"How are you and Lady Jean?" you changed the subject.

"She's wonderful. You're suggestion of telling her why I didn't write worked. We're actually meeting again in a few days."

"And mom's journal?"

"I'm thinking about courting Jean. When I travelled, I saw so many beautiful places in every region of Teyvat, and I'd like to someday go back there with her. She already knows I hold her in such a high regard, and I'm thrilled the feeling is the same." The curves of Diluc's lips curved upwards as he spoke.

"It's only an idea, though," he quickly added. "I don't want to move too fast, nor do I want to make her feel uncomfortable. What do you think about all of this? If we do court, you're going to see her more often." A gentle laugh left your mouth as you swung your sword once again.