Chapter Twenty: Champagne and Oysters

Sakura took Haruna from Hinata with a wink and a smile. She motioned the woman to follow her as she made her way to her car where Sarada waited patiently. She strapped Haruna into her car seat and closed the door so that the children couldn't hear their conversation.

"I hope your date goes great today." She nudged her, "you seem very nervous."

"I don't know how you convinced him to do so but it's been somewhat awkward between the two of us because of your little game." She sighed and shook her head seeing Sakura's excitement.

"I'm sure it will go perfectly fine. You have the house to yourselves too since I'll be taking these two out of the city for a miniature vacation — don't worry, my parents are coming along." Sakura patted her on her shoulder, "do you know what you're wearing for tonight?"

Hinata nodded, "I'm just afraid that we're moving too fast."

"You worry too much. He took some time to ask you after our little talk which means he did it when he was absolutely ready."

"Are you sure?"

"If things go great tonight, he won't regret it one bit. Who knows, maybe you'll wake up to breakfast in bed." Sakura joked as she giggled.

"Breakfast in..." Hinata's face flushed pink in embarrassment after understanding what Sakura meant. "You're thinking twenty dates ahead."

"So you're looking forward to more dates!"

"That's not what I — forget it." She knew that it was no use squandering Sakura's attempts at seeing the both of them happy. She would be lying to herself if she said that she wasn't looking forward to a wonderful evening alone with the Uchiha. "Call me if anything happens." She opened the car door for Sakura.

"I will, but you'll have to call me and tell me how everything goes between you two — which I'm sure will be positive." She started the car. "Make sure to drink the finest wine and eat the best steak in town."

Hinata gave her a smile, "Take care of yourself, Sakura. I'll see you when you get back, Sarada and Haruna." She waved as the car backed out of the driveway.

Once they were out of sight, Hinata went back into the house and closed the door. With her back pressed against the door, she took a deep breath and collected herself. She had an hour to get herself ready since Sasuke said he would pick her up after taking care of some things.

She had seen him before he left, and it was clear that he was taking this very seriously. She didn't say it then but he really did look good with his black suit.

Grabbing her towel, she undressed as she walked to the bathroom to take a much needed shower and wash her hair.

Hinata stood in front of the somewhat steamed mirror as she blow dried her hair and curled it. She was constantly checking the time to make sure that she wasn't spending too long taking care of her appearance. With her hair fully curled and a few more minutes left to finish dressing herself, she opened the bathroom door and quickened her pace.

Opting out of wearing heavy makeup, she settled on just some blush, eyeliner, mascara and a light lipgloss.

Staring at the dress on her bed, she had to thank Sakura again for giving her a box filled with dresses she had never worn before. The one she picked from the large range of options was beautiful. It was a long, dark red velvet dress with a slit on the side.

Slipping on the dress after contemplating whether or not it was a good idea to wear it for the first date, she smoothed out the material and couldn't help but smile. She hadn't even taken a look in the mirror yet but she knew that it fit her perfectly.