Chapter 1

Nora POV

"Shut the hell up, you big birded bastard."

"How dare you talk to me in such a way you filthy mortal woman!"

"Oh, here we go again with the filthy this filthy that, not really an insult when you literally know when I clean myself every fucky day you dumbass!"

"I don't care you rusty mule!"

"And now I'm a mule!? Fuck you bitch! Out of all the sun gods in the world to fuck up my life I had to be stuck with you!"

"The feeling is mutual! I was hoping I'd have an obedient host! Not some washed-up woman with no sense of order or direction!"

"OOOH! I FUCKING HATE YOUR BONEY ASS!"

Let me give you some context, I am the host of Amon Ra, Atum, Ra, Bird Brain, the Egyptian God of the Sun, the King of Gods, and the most annoying mother fucker in the world. I couldn't be stuck with Anubis or something.

This motherfucking bird stumbled into my life, fucked it up all because he wants a strong host who doesn't die easily.

Apparently, he had shitty taste in people, but stumbled upon me and didn't like what he saw.

I'm currently in London on a mission, getting stares as I curse out the air, or from what onlookers see, someone on my phone. This is my life, trying to keep this boney firebird at bay and satisfied while keeping the peace with the world.

My job outside of my normal life, if that's what you want to call it, is to dispel the creatures of the night.

Demons.

Thanks to my remote job, I am able to travel the world, living by day and being the Sun Queen by night, killing demons and moving off to my next destination.

Now, this flightless bitch wants me to go around killing gods and shit, I'm not doing that.

Why the hell would I go around killing gods for no good reason, that sounds like some bad voodoo just thinking about it. Now humans...maybe...only for special circumstances, but I prefer killing demons.

Calming down, I sigh, "Shut the hell up, just for once, shut the hell up."

She tsk, making me roll my eyes, going down the escalator, I slip off my headphones, popping them in my bag. Pulling out my phone I try to order a Uber or something but it's an hour wait.

"Are you fucking serious? We're at a fucking airport!"

"Stupid mortals."

"Very stupid mortals."

Picking up my checked bag, I walk over to ground transportation. Seeing an open cab in the line of them, I wave at the driver.

"Don't go in there."

I whisper, "Shut up, I'm tired."

Watching the driver open his door he pops the trunk, taking my bag, "Good Afternoon Señora."

I smile, feeling flushed by his beauty and thick Latin accent, "Afternoon."

Closing the trunk he opens the door for me, thanking him I slip inside putting on my seatbelt. Watching him slip into the front seat he looks at me in the rearview mirror.

Giving him the address he drives off, quickly breaking the silence.

"What brings you to London Señora?"

"Work."

"Ah, yes, where are you from?"

"Ohio."

A lie.