Chapter 4

Nora POV

Walking down an unfamiliar road, I find myself lost in thought. Seeing the people walk around, I see a familiar man talking to a golden frozen performer. Watching him spill his heart out I smile, sitting beside him.

He looks at me, "Hello, do you want me to take your picture."

I smile at his adorable British accent, "No, I was wondering if I could keep you company as well."

He blushes, "Y-Yes, you can stay if you'd like, I don't know if I'll be good company."

I chuckle a bit, "Well you're doing a great job so far."

He must notice my strain, cause he tries to cheer me up, "I'm glad! I don't meet many beautiful women around here."

Blushing at his words I smile brightly, "Well you're one of a kind as well."

He...they truly are.

This makes him more nervous, Adorable.

Talking with him, we end up spilling our stress. He and his "roommate" aren't seeing eye to eye and how inconsiderate he is. He even rambles his name making me blush and chuckle from time to time. It's easy to put the pieces together but to see how frustrated he is, it must be hard for him.

"I'm sorry you have to go through that, it sounds like you need to kick your roommates' ass."

He chuckles, "I wish, but enough about me."

Looking at me I cave in, "Well, I'm always on the move, I've always been and it's a bit straining. Hard to make connections with people when you keep vanishing."

I frown, trying to pull myself out of my funk, looking at the moon I stand.

"I have to go."

Giving him a small smile, "Thank you, I hope we meet again."

Walking off, I disappear, transforming to finish this trip. Finding Abir circling the location I smile, holding out my arm to reward him with little pecks and kisses. Letting him fly off, I look down at the broken-down neighborhood.

Holding my spear I smell the musty scent of the small pack. Jumping down, I land in the middle of the broken home. Hearing their growls, seeing their glowing eyes I try to be quick. I'm doing good so far, killing a few, but then the big boy comes to play.

Kicking me through the weak wall, I quickly land on my feet, glaring at him as it makes its way on the empty road.

Gripping my spear, I run towards it, raising my weapon I stab it in the head but its head is too damn thick. Throwing me off, I land against an abandoned car.

Standing up quickly, I ready myself as it runs towards me. Before it can reach me, Moon Knight, Steven, in a fitted white suit and stitched mask, uppercuts the beast. Pushing the dog back, he rushes over to me, "Are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere?"

Looking at him I smile at him warmly, "I'm ok Sweetie."

This makes him flustered and distracted, I step in front of him kicking the shit out of the Mut.

"Give me a hand?"

He nods, tag-teaming the dog, Steven gives it a couple of jabs, while I kick it either in the air or t words him.

This weakness it allowing me to stab the beast in the heart. Watching it burn and vanish I take a breath, smiling at the man softly, "Thank you."

What just takes place sinks in, "You!"

I chuckle, "It seems we meet again, I didn't think it would be so soon."

Walking over to him, I smile, "I have to go again, but hopefully we won't meet like this again."

"WHAT?!"

"I'll see you again, Steven."

Leaving him behind Ra begins to curse me out, but I protest, "I'm not leaving, not yet."

"No, you are! The mission is done, that means we're done here! And unless you're going back to kill him we're done!"

I roll my eyes, "Abir needs to find our next destination, he can take his time."

"YOU MADE A VOW!"

"AND I'M KEEPING IT! You might have ruined my life but it's still my life! If I want to stay an extra day or two I will! YOU can not tie me down like the Sun Kings in the past, so shut up and let me live for a single fucking moment."

Venom spills from my words, silencing him.

Vow my ass, I didn't know any better.

Flashback

I remember the day.

I thought it was a dream, what else is a child supposed to think? Waking up, to see a bright light, my room was hot, and there he was Amon Ra.

His voice is loud, strong, I've had odd dreams, so I thought this was one of them. I already said that didn't I?

"You have the burning desire, as bright as the sun."

I speak up, "Who are you?"

He frowns at me, "I am the God of the Sun, the King of the Gods. You shall be my avatar, my vessel against the demons that pledge this realm. Do you want a life of wonder? Of adventure? Of magic?"

The thought of it sounds amazing, magical, just like the cartoons and books I've read.

He continues, "You are worthy of my power, you are worthy of my strength and mind. Do you wish to have such a thing?"

I nod my head, looking up the sacred being, "Yes."

"Do you swear to protect the walkers of the day and bring my might to the creatures of the night?"

Glowing, I nod my head, "Yes."

"Then burn. Burn and Live Again, as the carrier of my light, as the Sun Queen!"

Feeling the bright silk and jewels burn my clothes and shift on my body, I felt alive. The beautiful dress that held me made me smile.

Then the heat started to become too much.

So much.

So hot.

When I woke up, from what I thought was a dream, I was in a hospital. With a doctor telling me my house burned down, with my parents along with it.

That's how it started, that's how the simple words of a god, and the foolish mind of a child birthed the first Sun Queen.