Chapter 2

Nora POV

Slipping on some workout clothes, I step out of the hotel. Walking down the street under the light of the moon I feel someone following me.

"You're being followed."

"I know."

Walking through the people who are high on life, I slip into a bar. Feeling the eyes wander and search I head out from the back and into the dark alley.

"They're gone."

I smile, "Good."

My body burns, as the clothes on my back ignite into bright flames, feeling my skin hit the cool air soft silk and heavy jewelry litter my body. Feeling protected by the light, my golden sandals touch the dirty ground.

Stretching my limbs, I feel the power flow through my veins. Seeing Abir circling me from above, I jump taking the skies. Running from rooftop to rooftop, I follow my companion, shining like a distant star.

Feeling the moon reflect the sun's light, I find myself in an abandoned warehouse. Holding out my arm, Abir lands calmly, looking into his golden eyes I nod, feeling him speak to me.

Feeling him shower me with luck and care.

The only good thing in my life to be honest.

Letting him fly free I look down at the dirty building. Jumping down, I lurk and walk through the rusty pipes and warn-down walls from above.

Finding the dog-like demon, sleeping on bloody clothes I sigh, "The Jackles look more pleasing than you."

Its piercing eyes, open, letting out a small growl.

I chuckle, summoning my golden spear of Ra, I jump down, landing before the filthy mutt.

Holding up my spear we clash, sizing each other up. The Bird Bitch has been training me since I've become his avatar but, I can't help but want a little game before I finish em' off. Tossing my spear in the air, I run head first towards the demon.

Grabbing its snout, I slam it on the ground, it whimpers in pain. Catching my spear I smile, as it growls at me, "Down boy."

Jumping in the air, I stab it in the head, watching as it burns from the inside out. Leaving nothing but black ask behind. Stretching my limbs I smile, "Mission accomplish."

"Finally."

Looking around the warehouse, I examine the pile of bloody clothes. Hearing Abir's squawks, I follow his flying figure, allowing him to lead me to a pit.

An empty one, jumping down, I find paw prints of many sizes, "Great there's more."

Jumping back up, I cross my arms, "Find the rest of them for me, my beautiful friend."

Flying off, I sigh, "Of course, this wasn't going to be an easy trip."

"Stop complaining, this wasn't as bad as the beast in Ohio."

I shiver in disgust, "Don't remind me."

Jumping up, I return to upper land.

Feeling a presence behind me I smile, turning to see Moon Knight, white and black clothes with a white hood and armored clothes.

"Good Evening Handsome."

The beaked bitch starts complaining so I zone him out, walking over to him I sway my hips.

"I didn't think I'd see you so soon."

He tries to attack me, but I dodge him with ease, giggling, I smile down at him, "Aww, you didn't miss me."

Tossing his white moon-shaped throwing stars, I use my spear to direct them elsewhere. Jumping up, I fade from his view, landing quietly behind him I whisper softly in his ear, "Boo~."

He jumps up ready to attack me but I'm already at the top of a warehouse, "Till we meet again handsome, bye-bye ~."

Jumping away, I let Ra infiltrate my mind, "YOU SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM!"

"Shut up you expired chicken. This is the most fun I've had in years, I wanna have more fun."

Slipping back into my hotel room, I change into something more casual.

In a knee-length velvet red shirt and a loose white blouse, Ra stands behind me.

"You look ridiculous."

"Coming from the person who looks the same every day, all day, and any day."

Grabbing a small purse I slip out once more in the bustling night. Stepping out of the front door a certain taxi driver pulls up. Stepping out of the car he looks at me, making me smile, "You must have read my mind handsome."

Opening the door for me, I lean back, "Take me to a hot spot."

The car ride is silent, but that doesn't stop us from stealing glances at each other. Stopping near the end of the culdesac, I slip out of the car before he can open the door for me.

"Stay right here."

Slipping away, I follow the sound of laughter, entering the small shop, I come back out with a hot drink in my hand.

Walking over to the driver's side, he rolls down the window. Bending down, I hand him the cup of coffee, "Looks like you needed it."

Despite his static expressions, I can read him like a book. He looks at me, thanking me silently in his native tongue before taking a sip. Chuckling a bit, I smile, "Do you mind showing me around?"

Looking up at me he smirks a bit, "Of course Amada."

Rolling up his window, I step back allowing him to park his car before returning by my side. Relaxing by him we blend in the crowd of happy people. Looking at the variety of street performers and late-night shops.

Talking to Jake is nice, his smooth words and telling eyes can drive me over a wall. But you have to take the good with the bad, and the bad is Ra fighting my mental block and screaming in my head to kill him.

I wince at his annoying voice, "He must be very loud."

I look at Jake giving him a small smile as I wrap Ra's beak with a ribbon.

"Very much so, is his son quieter?"

"No."

We share a small laugh, feeling a bit hungry he must notice as he directs me to a small cart. Ordering two curry buns, he pays the man before handing it to me.

Thanking him, I munch on the food, feeling refreshed after using so much energy on chasing away the annoying bitch bound to me.

After an hour or two goes by, he drives me back to my hotel. Opening the door for me in my sleepish manner he holds out his hand to escort me out. Slipping his card into my purse, I smile.

Keeping my hand he kisses the back of it, "Goodnight Amada."

I blush, "Goodnight, Handsome."

Slipping inside I smile softly, enjoying my marvelous night.

Word Definition

amado/a - Beloved