Chapter 3

Nora POV

I wish killing demons made me money, cause shit this morning's meeting is boring.

Plastering a warm fake smile, as I sit behind the desk in my hotel room, I listen to the CEO talk to everyone in the company for our morning meeting. It takes every bit of me not to laugh as the talking skeleton insults every worker on camera and how funny they look.

When the meeting finally comes to an end, I close my laptop, in dire need of coffee. Taking my wallet, I walk up the street to a coffee shop. In a rush, I open the tinted door, only to bump into someone.

"Sorry! I should have looked where I was going."

I rub my head, hearing the unusual American accent, "It's ok, I should be the one saying sorry."

Looking up at the man I come face to face with Jake.

But this isn't Jake, his tone, accent, facial features, it's all different.

Smiling at him I hold out my hand, "Nora."

He takes my hand, "Marc."

Seeing the long line, I frown, "Pretty busy today."

He nods, "Yeah, it's usually not but some students are coming in this weekend."

I nod at the new information, "If I would have known a cutie would have been here, I would have come early to get you a cup of coffee."

He blushes, making me chuckle, "What too forward?"

He rubs the back of my neck, we barely noticed how the line is moving, or how he is up next. Placing his order, I do the same at a separate counter, asking for a tea and muffin.

Picking up some napkins for my little snack, Marc is soon next to me again. Brushing my arm against his, I feel him grow flustered.

Looking up at him as he stirs his coffee I smile, "I gotta get back to work."

Clearing his throat, he closes the cap on his cup, "Would you like to have coffee together tomorrow morning? I wouldn't mind the company."

I smile at him warmly, "I wouldn't mind that, I'll see you tomorrow cutie."

Stepping out, I hear back to my hotel.

"My son's avatar is a crazy bitch."

I taught him that.

I chuckle, "Not crazy, intriguing."

Returning to my room, I continue with my meetings and the file I have to sort through. The night quickly came, and here I am, helping Abir search for the rest of the demon mutts.

Taking a small break I sit on the top of a closed office, "Damn these bitches are hard to find."

"You'll find them."

I groan, "What are you looking for?"

Turning around, I see the white bandaged Moon Knight with a gold crescent moon on his chest.

I smile flirtatiously, "Hey Cutie."

Giving him a little wink he grows ridged, throwing a golden moon at me I catch it, throwing it right back at him.

"Catch me if you can~."

Running off I feel him following me, going through the obstacles in the city, I smile as I slow down from time to time to tease him.

Before he can grab me, I hold his wrist, tossing him off like a skipping rock on a calm river. Looking at how far he goes I whistle, "Look at that, I'd say that's about 4 skips Shit Bird."

He grumbles, secretly enjoying the little game I play.

Jumping over to him, I smile as he groans in pain. Reaching out for me, I giggle, "So slow."

Jumping away, I laugh under the light of the moon enjoying the shits and giggles before a long rest.

The next morning came quickly, getting dressed in some black slacks and a soothing gold blouse, I step into the coffee shop. Seeing Marc in the far corner of the shop I smile, slipping in the seat across from him.

"I didn't think you'd come."

He frowns, "It's not like it was hard to find you, your shit-eating grin kept me up all night."

I chuckle, "Only for you cutie, others just see a face of light that turn them away at the sight."

Hearing Ra complain and boast about how I need to end him I sigh, "This is for your moon bird, tell him his Dad is annoying, oh and he said hi."

"I did not say that you fucking disgrace of an Avatar."

"Now enough of him, I'm glad I get to see you again cutie I was scared you would still be on that rooftop."

He blushes making me giggle, "Shut up."

"Don't use too many bad words, I'm into that."

Whispering the last part in his ear, I can feel him burn up.

"See you around~"

Slipping out of the cafe with tea in hand I smile, "Let's have some fun Ra."

Going sightseeing, I hop on a tour bus, enjoying the sights of London. Buying silly nik-naks and junk, Bones for Brains interrupts my peace.

"You should be out there looking for those demons."

I groan, "Can I fucking enjoy myself for once?!"

"No, you are on a mission, finish the mission and leave. Stop getting attached to Khonshu's Avatar, you won't be seeing him again. And if you do, you will be killing him."

Running my whole mood, I toss out the junk, walking into the nearest alley.

"Fine."

On the search in the light of day, I find there tracks and traces of Abir along the way. Narrowing it down, I smile, "Gotcha bitch. We attack tonight."

Returning to my hotel room I start to pack, knowing this will most likely be my last night here. Feeling down about it, I decide to go out to sightsee one last time before I end this mission for good.