Chapter 13

Nora POV

Now despite the amazing sex, we did search the place and got a lead on a Casino down in Las Vagas. Returning with a good enough excuse for Marc, we head to the States. In some more fancy clothes that I hope don't get ruined, we step into the large and bustling casino.

Security fills the house and here I am feeling like Deja Vu from the hot country down below. Keeping me close we indulge in a few games, observing the checkpoints and whatnot. Marc continues forward, talking to the twins in charge of the casino and the person we need to see.

Things are going well until people start to get escorted out. Trying to follow the fold, I get pulled back as a gun touches the back of my head.

"One move and I shoot."

Not saying a word I follow the security's directions, finding myself surrounded. Marc and the Navarro Twins step out.

I watch as the love of my life tenses making the twins taunt him. I give him a small smile, "It's ok, everything is going to be fine."

This makes the man holding me angry, causing him to punch me. I feel the thick bruise on my face, been a while since I've felt pain like this. Not giving him the satisfaction of a reaction, I say nothing, not uttering a sound as he lifts me up by my hair.

Pointing the gun to the side of my head, I calm my breath, giving Marc a light smile I try to reassure him. Feeling the man fiddle with the trigger, I watch Marc snap, or should I say, Jake. I watch in shock as he attacks everyone around him like an unchained animal.

It's different from before, he was controlled, but now he's untamed.

This leads the guard to toss me to the side as he tries to shoot Jake. Before I get a chance to stand and aid him, everyone is dead.

Watching him threaten the twins, one last time he shoots them both. Calming down he rushes over to me, "Are you ok Nora?"

This is the first time he's said my name, I nod my head, "Yeah I'm ok."

Helping me up he looks at my bruised cheek sadly, making me hold his hand gently, "I'm ok."

He isn't convinced so I pull him close, hugging him he returns it.

I smile, "Thank you."

"No need to say such things, Mi Amor."

Then his demeanor shifts, "Nora?"

Hearing Steven's voice he looks at me and the scene around him confused.

"What the hell just happened?!"

I lie, "Nothing, I was knocked out."

He looks down at me, stepping away, I look around in the Twins' office to find a file with more information. Including the demons that have been growing in strength. Returning to our room in silence, I watch as he quietly talks to Steven.

Once we return to our room he and Steven argue with their Moon God. I sit silently, listening from afar as I change into something comfortable and tend to my bruise. Using my gifts granted my Ra to heal and ease the pain. 

"You know."

Marc's voice makes me freeze, I turn to look at him, "What?"

"You weren't knocked out, you know what happened to me."

Steven's voice comes out, "You knew about the other person! You knew and you didn't tell us."

I stand, "Wait, let me explain-"

"NO!"

Their voice merges, as they shout at me.

Feeling my back against Ra his voice echoes through my mind, "See. They will abandon you. You've finally pushed them over the edge."

I try to push his voice away as panic and pain rise in my chest.

The look of betrayal edged on their face, "Leave her alone!"

Looking in the mirror, I see their reflection shift, I hear Jake.

This is different.

Before they can say anything, he takes control.

Rushing over to me, he kisses me gently, pulling me out of my panic and pain.

"It's ok Mi Amor, don't let those fools shout or yell at you."

I give him a sad smile, "But I lied to them-"

"You respected me and Khonshu's wishes, if that stupid bone didn't talk so much this wouldn't be happening."

Holding me close, he helps me relax, allowing me to push the voice of the bright god away.

He holds my face gently, "You did nothing wrong, it was my place, not yours."

Smiling at me he speaks softly, "Your cheek is better."

I nod, "The bird can be useful sometimes."

Kissing my forehead, we get interrupted as our window breaks from the outside. Shielding my body from the gust of wind, we quickly transform to see a woman in a wedding dress with red eyes and butchered skin.

I frown, "That's a human."

"Not entirely Mi Amor."

Looking at the woman, it's clear this isn't entirely her, "The demon took over the body!"

Screeching at is, her long nails stretch out, rushing over to us, I stand in front of Jake, slicing her nails with my spear. I frown, hitting her she lands against the wall.

Stepping out, I frown, "We can't hurt her! She may be still in there!"

Looking out of the window he frowns, "We need to get out of the city first, we're drawing a crowd."

Seeing the woman screech at us again, Jake grabs my hand, pulling me forward we jump out the window. 

Hopping from hotel to hotel, we land on the ground. Slipping in a convertible I notice the bride crawling on the tinted windows of the exotic hotels.

Stepping into the passenger seat, I help start up the car, allowing Jake to drive off.

Swerving through the road, the demonic woman jumps from car to car trying to catch up. Taking a sharp right to the desert the dirt flies in the air. Jake swerves and stopping the car.

Jumping out I clash with the demon, as the sun begins to rise, I shout, "Hold her down."

Following my directions he uses his short rods to stun her.

Holding my hands together, I watch them glow, touching the woman's forehead as he holds her down, I feel my eyes glow.

Sacred words slip from my lips, as I extract the demon from the woman, as the demon reveals itself I quickly burn it as the sun feeds me with the energy I desire. Watching it die, I fall to my knees, "Damn, these bitches are wearing me out."

Jake holds out his hand, helping me up, "You are amazing."

I blush at his words, looking at the lonely bride.

"We should probably call the police, to pick her up."