9- Art

"Ughh..."

That was the first word to come out of your mouth when you woke up. Your head was a little blurry and your mouth was dry.

When you open your eyes, you're not in your room, but it was someplace familiar. You sat up and saw a fire place directly in front of you. Some old chairs surrounded the fire, towers of cauldrons leaned against the bricks and there were different stains and scuffs on the wooden floor.

"You're awake."

To your left was Professor Sharp, he was sitting in an arm chair with a book in his hand and his leg propped up.

"How are you feeling?"

When he got up, you couldn't help but notice how different he was outside of his normal attire. Instead of his full gear, he only wore his white shirt. It laid on his skin lazily, his tie was was loose around his neck, barely hanging on. The shirt was somewhat still tucked in but some ends were peeking out. His shoulders were broad, and you can see some of his muscle through the parts of his shirt that stuck to him.

He came over and placed the back of his hand on your forehead as he sat down.

"No fever. That's good."

You watched him as he summoned a glass of water to you. You took it happily and gulped it down.

"Thank you..." You said after the water was gone.

"Can you walk?"

You slowly swung your legs to the side of the bed away from him and pressed your feet to the floor. The wood felt cool against your bare skin. As you stood, you wobbled a bit, but caught your balance and took a few steps.

"Yes...I can walk fine."

Even so, you felt sore and sat back down onto the bed. You rubbed your back and realized your corset was missing. Before you said anything, Sharp answers you.

"I didn't want your corset to restrict your breathing, so I removed it. It's nearby when you're ready for it."

You turned around to face him. Both of you looked at each other from opposite sides of the bed. As you looked at him, you noticed a bit of his chest peeking out from his shirt, and a hint of a scar that continued out of sight.

"How did...how did I get here?"

Sharp turned away so you couldn't see his face.

"I carried you."

"What?"

"With everything in the moment...Magic didn't seem like a good idea. So I did what I could."

Your face twists and you walk over to his side, bending down to your knees without a thought, you put your hand gently on his knee.

"Your leg. Are you okay?"

When you looked up Sharps' face went from surprise to amusement....and he laughed.

A big, genuine laugh. You're not sure you've heard it before.

"You nearly kill yourself drinking a potion you didn't know would work and you're worried about my bloody leg?"

Then, all at once, everything hits you.

Your face grows into a bright red.

Oh no.

You idiot.

Your hand covers your face as you start to remember.

"I've gone completely bonkers."