10- Architecture

Fifth year

Alohomora.

You whispered into the lock.

After Mr. Moon taught you how to unlock doors, you couldn't help but have some fun in the faculty tower. What they don't know won't hurt them.

You opened the door slowly to make sure no one was inside. From the tower of cauldrons outside the door, you assumed this was the chambers of Professor Sharp; he is not one you want to catch you breaking and entering...

The room was surprisingly....cozy. To the left were large windows with a nice view of the outside. In the far corner was a large desk, a quill magically taking notes for him as he was gone. The fireplace ahead had a single chair and foot stool sitting in front of it, along with a tall lamp and a book on the seat. You imagined Professor Sharp sitting there in the evenings, relaxing by the fire as he read his books or went over notes.

To the right you saw another room; you wandered in to find his bedroom. You immediately notice a wheelchair next to a large wardrobe, when you walked closer you saw that it was collecting dust, even in private he was too proud for his own good. 

You saw piles of cauldrons in almost every corner of the room, a second fireplace sat across from the foot of his bed with two chairs facing the fire and another large desk against the wall. Books, papers, vials, bottles, cauldrons and comfortable chairs...somehow it fit him perfectly. When you turned you saw how his clothes were thrown lazily on the floor, this made you giggle, even your no-nonsense professor was a little slovenly sometimes.

You didn't want to touch anything, you were just curious, so looking around was enough. As you walk and almost grab the doorknob...something catches your eye.

The first fireplace seemed a little off. You walked closer to find that behind the fire wasn't a wall...but another room?

"Glacius."

A blast of ice put out the fire, and as you guessed, there was more behind the ashes. You crouched down to carefully walk through and follow the path. 

It was old and dusty on the walls, but the floor had distinct, uneven footsteps that led up the stairs. You reach the top facing a large drawing of a hippogriff. You admire it for a moment before you turned your head to the right and found an entire room of art.

Paint brushes, woodwork tools and several drawings/paintings of architecture. You casted 'Lumos' to get a better look at your surroundings. It was beautiful.

Different angles of Hogwarts in each frame and parchment, the lines were straight and precise, as if he knew each detail by heart. You looked over to the table in the center of the room, it held several quills, cups of paint brushes and charcoal. When you walked closer you could see the marks on the table where he moved items aside or placed brushes down. All these drawings were by hand.

You scan the room, taking in the art and their details, amazed by the talent your stern Professor hid from the world.

Your discovery was cut short when you heard his familiar voice in the distance. 

You crouch down and go over to the small balcony looking over the hallway. Listening carefully, you could hear him coming, his uneven gait making his way up.

Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit.

You quickly run down the stairs- falling halfway and tumbling against the wall.

You cursed at yourself before using your wand to set fire to the passageway again. As soon as you saw the sparks you rushed back up and crouched at the small balcony, watching carefully.

You see him approach his door, his eyebrows immediately furrowed in suspicion. Damn his ex-auror instincts. You held your breath as he walked in and closed the door behind him. Immediately you jumped over the balcony and landed on the stairs beneath you with a heavy 'thud'.

You pray he didn't hear your landing as you run off to your escape. You remind yourself to learn to apparate soon, that would really come in handy.