18- Special Delivery

"You called for Deek, sir?"

"Deek! Yes, come in."

Sharp gestured for Deek to approach. He walked in nervously but still smiling.

"I need your assistance with something...but first." Sharp handed him a small box.

"It's a box of biscuits for you and the other elves. Every time you open it, another new one will appear, I think there should be enough for each of you. I thought the size and enchantment would make it easier for you to transport. Happy Valentine's day."

Deek held it close to his face and examined it with awe in his wide eyes.

"THANK YOU Sir! This was is kind of you. Happy Valentine's day!" He beamed.

Sharp did not smile but his nod and eyes showed a great satisfaction. 

"Now...I do need your help with something, if you would be so kind."

"Anything, sir."

#########

"Happy Valentine's day, dear!"

Professor Garlick hugged you as she greeted.

"Professor Garlick! Happy Valentine's day. What are you doing on this side of the castle?"

"I wanted to give you a gift!"

She waved her wand and a small potted plant appeared in the palm of her hand. You took it carefully into your hands and hugged it lightly in your palms.

"Oh my! They're beautiful."

"They're Zinnias. They symbolize endurance and strong bonds...perfect for close friends." She winked.

"Oh my...Thank you Professor Garlick..."

"Please. Call me Maribel, we're well past the formalities."

"Maribel." You chuckled. "Thank you...but I did not get you anything!"

"Pish posh, I did not expect anything...I just felt like you needed these. Was I right?"

You smiled at her and your heart fluttered. She really was such good company to have and you were so happy to have befriended her. After a moment of thought you found your wand and waved it.

A parchment nearby floated forward and began to fold and transform into a carnation. It fell to Maribel who took it happily.

"Carnations are perfect for friends too...and that one will not wilt."

She giggled and held the flower to her chest. "Just so you know...yours will not wilt either. A little magic always helps." 

You both leaned in and pressed your foreheads together. You said your goodbyes as Theodore walked in.

"Good morning, Miss Iram. Happy Valentine's day."

As he approached he took a red rose from his back and handed it to you, bowing as you took it from him.

"Ah a red rose. How...Cliche" You teased him. He chuckled at your response.

"Well I couldn't come empty handed. Anyway, I have a different idea for training today, if you would like to oblige me.

"Oh? What are we doing?" You placed the rose on a desk carefully. The thorns were still attached.

As you asked the question, Deek apparated in, he was facing the wrong direction again so he had to turn around to see you. His smile was big and happy as he was holding your bag against his body.

"Misses! Deek is glad to have caught you. Happy Valentine's day!"

"Happy Valentine's day, Deek!" You kneeled down to hug him. "What are you doing with my bag?..."