Part II Chapter 7- Our Ball

"Are you sure you don't want to come, Anne?"

Anne helped you tighten your dress. You could have done this on your own but you wanted an excuse to come see her and Sebastian again.

"Oh no Lutea- I seem fine now but I don't want to feel lightheaded in the middle of the ball. You go for me, I'll be there in spirit."

When you looked at the mirror you could see Anne trying to smile but her eyes were soft.

"Knock knock! Can I come in yet? I brought cookies."

"Yes Sebastian, come on in!"

Sebastian walked in with a plate of snacks and a big smile.

"Look at you! All dolled up again. Are you matching with Sharpie Sharp this year?"

"Of course I am." You giggled. You actually haven't seen his suit of choice yet but were anxious to see what it was. You looked into the mirror and turned to examine the dress again. The black corset donned dark green ribbon in the back and golden brackets in the front to match his necklace. The green embroidery resembled leaves and vines on your chest and sleeves - it made you wonder if Garlick would approve. The "V" shape of the top trailed around your shoulders and chest; complete with black lace against your skin. You knew you looked beautiful - but you wanted him to like it.

As your hands trailed down your corset Anne turned to wrap an arm around her waist. Your attention immediately went to her and you placed your hands on her shoulders.

"Anne? Are you okay?"

"Yes! Yes, I'm okay. Let me just lay down a moment...don't leave without saying goodbye, okay?"

"Of course."

When you looked up you could see Sebastian's worried face, you could tell he was going to follow her until you decided to stop him.

"Sebastian, a moment please?"

He paused to look at you and back at Anne as she left the room.

"I promise, just a moment."

He hesitated for another second before making his way to you- this time trying to give you a smile.

"She really is getting better, you've helped a lot, but sometimes..."

"I know....but I had an idea, as long as you can help me."

--------------------------------------------------------------

When you arrived back at Hogwarts you were surprisingly stopped and complimented by several of Hecat's students, some seemed genuinely happy to see you. The year so far has been long but perhaps some of your hard work wasn't for naught.

"My Dear, you look wonderful!" You found Mirabel not too far from the entrance as she was welcoming people in. Her dress was beautiful as expected- she wore a light salmon this year that had accents of petals and butterflies. Each butterfly danced and flew on their own; circling around her hair which was done in a single braid and wrapped in what looked like a light purple vine.

"Speak for yourself Mirabel! Your outfits always amaze me." You giggled as a butterfly tickled your cheek. When you gently shooed it away you saw him to the side of the room.

Sharp was wearing a black tailcoat again this year with his slick black dress shoes. His vest was a plain black with buttons that seemed to blend in with the rest of the outfit. When he caught your eye he smiled and walked towards you- you noticed he didn't have his cane this year.

"What is with that outfit? You look like a shadow!" You teased- but you were also a bit disappointed he wasn't matching with you.

He smirked mischievously when he was finally in front of you.