☆.¸¸.Chapter 10

º ☆.¸¸.•'¯'♥

News travels fast in our school.

I can say that it was faster than any bullet train in Japan or any rocket ship in America.

We arrived at exactly 7 at the school gates. During that time, only a few students were nearby and by few it would probably be counted by my fingers and Lawson's. The way we arrived was as normal as someone can say it was yet it took all the attention like a sudden alien invasion. Gasps and sighs filled the air. The heads we turned would beat any supermodel on the runway any day.

I didn't think too much of it since the crowd wasn't a problem. I didn't even bother saying goodbye to Lawson and continued walking towards my department. I didn't look back and he didn't call me. It would look like we were just two strangers who happened to be entering the same building and nothing more. But how did it turn into something as big as this?

In a matter of minutes, the fact that I arrived together with him this early made its way to the ears of even the Science Department faculty, who for a fact, is the farthest department from the main building, which would be the first building to be seen from as far as the first gate.

Whoever spreads this news does a great job at it. I'm just judging the type of news they choose to spread.

I couldn't sit through lessons without half the class looking at me, wondering what I did to have the chance to walk together with Lawson. If they're really curious I guess they should start by falling onto him from a tree and accidentally kissing him and as an added bonus, break a precious trinket in the process. Crazy? Well, that did it for me.

Even my own teacher was glancing every now and then towards my direction. I have no idea if she was checking if I was paying attention, considering I was nodding off a little, or silently judging me. Maybe it was a mix of both.

Lunch came ever so slowly. It felt like a year before I saw the white with a tinge of red lining walls of our department corridor. This was the first time that I was happy to see these boring halls and not be secluded/trapped in a classroom. As much as I like learning, no one would be able to learn anything in a room fool of watchful eyes.

I checked my wrist watch and it was almost time for Lydia and VIncent to arrive at the cafeteria we always go to. Hunger is catching up with me so maybe they won't get mad if I'm a bit early in getting my lunch.

I was heavily craving something spicy to wake up my senses. I didn't lack sleep, I always slept at 9 pm sharp and only have all nighters during major exams, but somehow I feel so drowsy today that I need an extra boost to just keep my eyes open. The cafeteria is serving up some spicy macaroons today so I guess I have that going for me.

The eyes on me however didn't decrease a bit. Even after walking a good hall away from my previous classroom, I still sensed the same people looking at me plus some addition. Are they following me? It seemed everyone knew what had happened and are keeping a close eye on me. Come on people, haven't seen a girl walking to the cafeteria before?

If anyone who was not familiar with the way this school works saw this situation they would think that the people here were nuts or a bit out of it. And I would not blame them if they do but that's just how things work here.

Now you may ask what's the big deal? Walking to school is a normal event that everyone has already done at the very least once in their lives right? I mean what's so special with taking the economic way to the school than riding a car right? Lawson has walked to school before right?

The answer is no.

Night Lawson has never been seen walking to our University by anyone, more importantly he isn't even seen coming into school! The ten school guards can testify to that claim! I happen to be friends with three of them...