☆.¸¸.Chapter 9

º ☆.¸¸.•'¯'♥

The sky seems so blue today.

There was no cloud in sight and everything seemed to be a perfect day. Ahh, it reminds me of the summers back in my hometown. Such a nostalgic feeling. Days like this are one of the reasons I love walking down this old path from my house to school. It feels good to be alive.

"So.." I muttered under my breath. "WHY IN THE WORLD AM I WALKING TO SCHOOL WITH YOU!?"

With his usual stoic expression, Lawson just gave a side-glance and continued walking. If I could just hit him once without repercussion, I would do it in a heartbeat. He was just so unbearable most of the time, making me rethink these mistakes of mine more often than needed.

Constantly being reminded of what happened to both of us didn't help me at all.

I didn't have much of a choice now, knowing that I signed that yesterday. 

**

What era are the Lawson's living in? Why are they so insistent on making me marry me their son. It was not like Lawson was someone who was hideous, he had superior genes that rivals every actor or idol appearing on t.v. He wasn't some idiot, his multiple awards from different departments would say otherwise. And to top it all he was rich. What girl in the right mind would reject someone like that? I guess I was but am I really in the right mind? 

Really, no matter how much I stack up all the good points in marrying someone like him, it all goes down in one swoop whenever the idea off Ashwin came. I maybe some innocent person in love that's why I am too loyal to a crush which hadn't bore fruit for years. Lydia always said that my loyalty was one of my strong points and I honestly believe it is. 

Whenever I would consider into really marrying Lawson, Ashwin's face would overlap his and I would gladly refuse everything. I must have been dropped on the head when I was a child. I complicate things that would have been so easy. 

In a matter of minutes my wedding ceremony would be held in the Lawsons' backyard. Everything was set and the sight gave me cold feet. The seats for the 200 or so guest were prepared. There was a beautiful archway where me and Lawson would stand and say our vows in front of a priest which the Lawsons have known ever since, or so I have been told. Various decorations of flowers have adorned the venue and it was a wonderful sight if I would have just been one of the guest that would attend. This wedding looked like it came out of a girl's fairy tale that it was so unreal. So this is how brides' feel on their wedding day. Utterly terrified. That's not completely right.. 

The wedding bells had started to rung, making me wonder where those bells even came from. It sounded so loud almost as if it came from the top of this house. 

With how things happened right now, it's not that hard to believe that they ordered church bells to be explicitly borrowed just for this wedding. 

Looking outside, the weather was perfect for a garden wedding. It was bright and sunny but not that much that would give you a sunburn. It was too perfect that it made me think that even the weather is against me. 

I was getting the jitters just from being in the waiting room that I couldn't even have bothered to sit down. I was also very conscious of the dress that I was wearing right now. If I sit down, I don't know if my carelessness would lead it to being ruined and me paying for the damages to this, worth more than my college fund, dress.