☆.¸¸. Chapter 1

º ☆.¸¸.•´¯'♥

It has been a full hour since we started talking about Social Justice and in all honesty it was getting boring. The endless debates and rebuttals that they were throwing to no one in particular in the room was getting on my nerves because of how stupid some sounded.

Social justice didn't need a million definitions! Heck, we couldn't even get to the first definition just because someone keeps butting in. Ugh. 

Social justice is neither communism, nor despotism, nor atomism nor anarchy but ... 

The only line that I could remember before this mess aka my class, happened. No way can I learn with all this ruckus.

Oh my tuition fee. 

As a political science student, I enjoy learning the constitution and legal terms but there are times when I just want to disappear from this course just because of the people in it. Everybody keeps on making their opinions be considered as a fact when, if you try to take in everything they're saying, sounds exactly the same in definition, just with different words used. 

As my grandfather once said, you won't really hear the harmony if each instrument wants a solo.

If he was still alive oh how he would rage in this class. Even my best friend Lydia would be distressed if she was here and she was pretty cool-headed. 

If only she took up this class too. 

The bell finally rung putting me out of my misery. Thank god. 

"Hey Aveline! How was class?" My red-headed best friend greeted me at our lockers. She was holding her accountancy books that look like they weigh even more than me and I weigh A LOT.

"Hectic, as usual. I don't know if I could take the chaos there anymore." I opened my locker putting in my own books.  

I knew Lydia ever since I moved from my home country, the Philippines, to this place. I remember meeting her for the first time. I also remember that my initial impression of her was that she was fake. 

Kinda mean to say the least but she was acting super nice like an angel that I was immediately suspicious. I didn't even want to be associated with her at first. Her hair color weirded me out as well. But being in a foreign land without any friends to rely on made me give her a shot. 

And now I don't know what I'll do without my Domo-loving red-head, Lydia Peak. 

"Hang in there, you want to be a successful lawyer slash prosecutor don't you?" 

"Yeah," I answered.

"Then suck it up and keep going. It's just the start of the sem. It might get easier." Lydia reached her hand out and messed up my hair. She does that to convince me but it does a better job in irritating than convincing. 

"Stop that! Aish! All right. I'll keep going. But if I turn deaf in the next month it will be on you." 

Lydia giggled and we both closed our lockers.

We were casually walking towards our next building when we saw a bunch of cameras and reporters outside the gate. Someone's doing an interview again?