09 ; who wants cake?

"Guys, I've brought you a friendship gift!"

The Dreamies narrowed their eyes at Jaemin, who rolled his. "Don't look at me like that. Who wants cake?"

Jaemin set down the three containers in front of the group, and everyone scrambled for to share one. Mark, Renjun, and Jisung grabbed the largest to split it between the three of them, Donghyuck and Chenle shared another, and Jeno and Jaemin took the last.

Jeno opened the container, handing Jaemin a fork. "Where did you get this?"

"I baked it."

"It's pretty good," Chenle noted, almost done with his half of the cake already.

Jaemin nodded. "Thank you."

Jeno took a bite of their cake first, at Jaemin's request, eyes crinkling at the edges in happiness when the flavour hit his tongue. "Woah, Jaemin, this tastes awesome!"

"You think?" Jaemin was practically glowing the moment that Jeno complimented him, in contrast to Chenle. He caught the look that the rest of the Dreamies shared, but Jaemin seemed to either not notice it or disregard it completely.

"Yeah," Jeno croaked out quietly. "It's really good."

Jeno appreciated the glow that surrounded Jaemin now. It wasn't like the younger hadn't already been extremely happy, but an idea planted itself in his mind. Was Jaemin happier because... of him? It definitely wasn't true, but Jeno could dream.

Why did he want to be the one making Jaemin happy anyways? His staring from just over a week ago entered his mind again. Did... did he like Jaemin?

"Are you just not going to eat any more?"

The moment Jeno saw the smallest bit of a pout on Jaemin's face, he dug his fork back into the cake. The idea of Jaemin feeling fulfilled was something that Jeno wanted to contribute to as much as he could.

Yeah, he didn't think that he could dig himself out of this one. He'd just have to accept it.

Jeno liked Jaemin.