11 ; who is running out of time?

Jeno knew damn well that it was a TMSDT day, yet he couldn't be bothered to not talk to Renjun. He walked up to the WayV table, garnering attention. "Renjun, I need to talk to you."

Renjun looked confused, but he slid out of his chair and stood up. Jeno led him out of the lunchroom and into the library, where he turned around to see that Renjun had his arms crossed. "What?"

"Okay. I, um," Jeno sighed. "I have a crush on–"

"Jeno, I know I'm irresistible, but you aren't my type."

"You didn't let me finish!" Jeno crinkled his nose. "And no, I don't like you. Ew."

"I know, calm down. This is about Jaemin, isn't it?"

Renjun already knew? Jeno hadn't said anything to anyone, so was he just that obvious? "You know?"

"I had a hunch." Renjun leaned against the bookshelf, not minding that one of them fell off of it. Jeno glanced at the book cover. Love in Twos. Of course they had stopped in the romance section at a time like this.

"Oh, are you looking at this?" Renjun picked the book up. "It's a really good descriptor for your current situation."

"You've read it?"

"What can I say? I'm a hopeless hopeless romantic." Renjun shelved the book, leaning against the shelf again and hearing it fall down again.

Jeno wanted to point out that Renjun's romantic life wasn't exactly hopeless, but he decided not to. After all, this conversation started because of him. "I don't... what do I do?"

"Confess." Renjun shrugged, knocking another book over. "The worst thing he can say is no."

"Maybe that's the worst thing he can say, but far from the worst he can do."

Renjun snapped a finger in Jeno's face, the movement of his arm knocking another two books onto the ground. "Jeno, have I ever told you my life motto?"

Jeno wanted to pick up the books, but there was no point. "No...?"

"Take risks. Fuck life. Fuck your lifeline."

"What do–"

"In other words: take risks. Fuck life. Fuck the love of your life."

Jeno shook his head. "Wait, and what is this supposed to do for me?"

"Have you not heard a single word that I've said?" Renjun leaned down to start shelving the books, but he shoved them into their spots with so much force that they knocked a few more off. "There are two days until we're off for break. If you dont make a move now, Jaemin might be feeling different when you see each other next year."

"Are you saying he likes me?"

"I'm saying he could and you're wasting an opportunity. So, Jeno, do whatever you wish to. Do what you think is right."

Renjun leaned down to shelf the books again, and Jeno started to help him. The last one he put up was Love in Twos, because of course it was.

Out of curiousity from Renjun mentioning it earlier, Jeno flipped it over. He scanned the back of the book, finding the synopsis relatively mainstream.

Author Park Sang Young delivers a beautiful requited unrequited romance, all the while...

Requited unrequited? Jeno had to guess what that meant. Maybe both parties think the love is... unrequited?

Jeno wanted to ask Renjun, but the older was gone once he looked up.

***

sang young park is a real author! i just googled "korean romance books" and took one of the first authors i saw