01 ; who is (desperately trying to be) a rizzler?

Jaemin was the first one at the table during lunch, and Jeno followed soon after. Though all of the seats were open, Jeno sat next to  him.  Yes, that was normal, but it affected Jaemin a little more now that he had decided that would show his love to Jeno.

As the others started arriving, Jaemin made sure that he was subtle. He slowly snaked an arm around Jeno, his hand moving every once in a while to scratch the older's nape. Sure, eating a sandwich was damn near impossible with one hand, but this was a part of Jaemin's process. As much as he didn't want to admit, he would have to move on from Jeno eventually. The latter was straight, after all.

"Jaemin!"

Jaemin turned at the sudden, highly aggressive call of his name, finding that Renjun, Chenle, and Jisung were staring at him. "Um, hi."

"You were spacing out," Chenle said, as if it was't obvious before.

Jaemin looked around the table, finally paying attention. "Where's Mark?"

"You really weren't paying attention, huh?" Donghyuck nodded his head towards the 127 table. "He's sitting with his boyfriend."

"How fun." Jaemin looked down at his lunch, scratching at Jeno's nape once more. "Let me go get some tissues."

Jaemin left his seat to go hunt some down. Once he'd finally located them, he turned around to find Renjun was right behind him. "Oh , hi."

"You're acting weird."

"I am?"

"You're..." Renjun tilted his head, as though he was trying to figure out a way to say things properly. "...extra clingy. To Jeno."

"What? We've been best friends since forever. It's normal."

"It's really not. What's up?"

"It's..." Jaemin didn't know if he should tell Renjun. There were 29 more days of his suffering, so he might as well just let the older know. "Um, okay, don't tell anyone this..."

"That is the exact same thing that Lucas, Yangyang, and Mark said to me before telling me they had a crush."

"Well..."

Renjun eyes widened. "Don't tell me you have a crush on..." Jaemin slowly nodded, confirming Renjun's suspicions. "Jaemin, he's straight."

"Yeah, I know." Now Jaemin had to explain his whole setup for the month. "But just for the rest of the month! I'm going to go into the New Year without a crush on a straight guy."

"Jaemin." Renjun's tone was so condescending, as though he was disappointed. Of course he was. "Giving him more affection isn't going to help you get over him."

"I'll start getting over him during the break. Then I won't see him."

Renjun slowly nodded, still processing what Jaemin had said. "Okay... okay. Let's go."

***

i am so sorry for using the word rizz