Filler

Summer came and went before the Estrada case was set to date. Everyone was there- and a bunch of people who were also related in different ways we didn't all get know about.

Dexter's lawyer, and lead on the whole investigation surprised us with things they hadn't yet publicized.
"Estrada, with Javier Rios, Julia Lopez and Elena Ramirez bound, said to the three 'Only one of you makes the cut... sadly you little ladies are not important enough.' To follow he then slit the throat of Elena before bashing her skull in with a hammer. Then took said hammer to Julia's knees crushing them in before taking a drill and proceeding to drill into her brain- her not dying until after he slit her throat as well. Then turning to Javier with a smile said- 'Now you know why I taped your eyes open!'."
The parents of the three sobbed. Having been flown over for the court date and given a hotel room and such.
I gagged, not imagining how many things Dexter witnessed. And seeing him literally taped to a chair and his eyelids taped open was unforgettable.
I was holding Ally and Dayshas hands, our parents sitting around us.
But when Mathew Berry was called to the stand, was when things really came to light.
"I had a thing... with Javi. I've treated him like shit but I couldn't uh... let this go without telling what he's told me. Fuck. He told me all about Estrada- he's kept an eye on him. He let him move out with the threat that his family would be murdered if he tried to run away completely. Estrada branded him as bought, so other traffickers couldn't take him..."
The testimony's went on. For three whole weeks until finally the day came that Estrada was sentenced.
"Estrada, two counts of first degree murder, human trafficking, 3 counts of kidnapping...... "
Then it came.
"It's time." Ally whispered.
"Guilty.  Sentenced to death."
—-
"Julian... you haven't eaten in days." My mom sighed, taking yet another dinner plate from my room- untouched.
—-
"Hey... I'm sorry-"
"Don't." I muttered, feeling nothing when Ezra silently left.
——
"Julian- you sure you don't wanna come? Dexys mom is making enchiladas !" I sighed into my phone.
"No Ally. Bye.." I hung up, and went back to burying my head in my pillow.
—-
Sitting next to Dexter was the only time no one tried to distract me. I didn't want to be distracted.
"Hey... I brought you uh... some McDonald's... I got you your favorite- hamburger kids meal. With the apples."
He didn't say anything. As usual.
"It's been nine months. Senior year is at Rein Valley High. They started three months late... We still get summer though and full ride scholarships."
Nothing.
"Fuck. I'm sorry... I ruined everything for you." I grabbed his cold hand, jumping when it twitched.
"Hey- don't tease me!" Tears started falling when he didn't move again.
"Dexter..." I squeezed his hand, laying my forehead against it.
"Damn- please wake up."
We'll alright I suppose since I'm god
He twitched again, before gripping my hand in a very painful grip.
"Ah-"
His eyes opened.