Hex H. | Enemy

This doesn't make sense to him.

She was the enemy so why was he still hesitating on hurting her let alone lay a finger on her.

Hex studied her from a rooftop of a building in a crouched position. He watches her fight people he sent out to capture her alone.

Although he knows she had teammates from a group called r7FF, she was surprisingly great at combat alone.

When he sees the men down, he made his move and stood a good distance behind her. He clapped at smiled at her victory which made Y/n turn around and glare at him.

"Wow, how did you do that?" Hex complimented, eyeing her necklace. "As I said before, this can all be over if you just handed me the jewellery and join my group."

"As if." Y/n spat with spite.

Hex laid a hand over his chest, indicating a dramatic hurt pose. "Ouch, are you playing hard to get?" He chuckled.

Y/n rolled her eyes and positioned herself to fight him. Hex notices this, his eyes were wide open in surprise at the sudden act. "Woah, woah, woah! I don't want to fight you," He stated.

It was true, ever since she was part of the group with some other people, Hex always finds himself meeting her by coincidence. From those meeting onwards, Hex felt a tug of his heart making his heart soft whenever he sees her.

"I don't want to be your enemy. Which is ironic isn't it since we are?" Hex laughed but stopped himself when he sees her make a small movement. "Look, I don't know what you did to me but I just don't want to hurt you."

He placed his weapon on the ground and kicked it off to the side. "I just.. I don't-" He growled in frustration. "How about a deal? We act like enemies but in reality we'll just get to know each other?"

Y/n eyed him up and down. "How can I trust you?"

"You just can! I'll forget about what you did tonight. Plus, I did say I won't hurt you and I dropped my taser baton on the side."

Y/n lowered her guard and sighed. "Fine. You have a deal,"

° • ~

"Do you have a death wish?!" Hex scolded the girl who he quickly released from the handcuffs.

Thankfully Hex witnessed her getting caught at the right moment before she was sent to 'prison' for a checking by people who work under him.

He quickly and slyly persuaded them that he had things to do with her. The two guards did resist but they couldn't decline his words.

Y/n rolled her eyes. "Why are you so worried about me anyway? I'm your enemy!"

She was right. Why is he so worried?

Hex clenched both his hands into fists but he calmed himself and looked  at her in the eyes. He's relief to see her unharmed for the most part.

Y/n bit her lower lip, her eyes seems to soften. Unexpectedly, she wrapped her arms around him to hug. Hex tensed at the sudden action but quickly relaxed and held her in return.

"I'm sorry," Y/n mumbled.

Hex nuzzled his face into her neck, making himself comfortablein her hold. "I know, I won't let you that happen to you again."

° • ~

"Hex."

Hex groaned and turned to the other side of his bed.

"Ugh seriously? Hex!"

Hex moaned in annoyance and turned to the original side. However this time, he held a pillow up to his face. A cold hand touched his face which made him flinch. Finally, he opened his eyes since his eyesight was a bit blurry, he blinked several times to see he wasn't hallucinating.

"Y/n?"

"We were supposed to meet up today,"

Hex sighed and planted his face onto her stomach with his arms around her, Y/n placed both her hands on his head and allowed them to stay in this position for a while. Hex finally registered and processed her words to which he cursed on.

"Shit.. sorry, I forgot."

Y/n then places both her hands on her hips. "Then wake up!"

Hex groaned and plopped himself onto his bed. "I'm tired, let me sleep in for a bit."

Y/n was in disbelief of what she just heard. "Seriously? I had to sneak in here, I was caught by Doppio but thank god he was nice enough to let me go,"

Hex hummed and closed his eyes. For some reason, her voice was soothing and very sweet, it made him want to fall asleep more.

"I wasted my time just for you to sleep in.." Y/n mumbled.

Hex sighed and pulled her on his chest. "Then join me sleep in, we'll go on that date in a little bit, I promise." He kissed her forehead and held her tight.

As the saying goes, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Y/n was his enemy and now she's all his to dote on. He's thankful she gave him a chance.