💭Wally x Reader

This is based off the video above! Oh I adore it :, ) I enjoy writing these the more I do them, if you're reading these thank you so much, sending all my love to you! Also, this wasn't proofread! I may do that later and edit it, but not for now! Hopefully it isn't too bad. 

Summary: Wally and Y/Ns feelings are blatant and clear, to everyone including each other. It's unspoken and unneeded to be said, but Wally can't help confessing everything when Y/N calls him in a tired daze when they're alone at a slumber party. 

Wally looked beside himself, noting every movement your face made and how you couldn't control your hands from shaking slightly as you laughed to Barnaby and Howdy's little jokes. To him, you were unbelievably gorgeous. The ever sunny summer days in Welcome Home gave him a perfect backdrop to admire you. 

Despite neither of you directly confessing or announcing anything between you two, the development of shy glances to comfortable leaning and compliments and fond stares were enough to distinguish your relationship. It was a wonder to anyone both why you hadn't discussed the true implications of this situation, but there was no reason to. Your comfort in each other was natural, it didn't need to be initiated. For that reason, it was an unspoken rule that you were solely each others. 

As the day carried on and turned to night Wally absentmindedly talked to home while organizing paints before changing for night and "sleep". Today was Thursday, meaning you, Julie and Sally's weekly sleepover.  By about 10:30 the two would have fallen asleep (likely in the midst of a movie or activity), leaving you and Wally to call over the phone for a hour or two. 

Sitting on his sofa chair, his hair loosely draped to the right side of his face and his light robe hugging him he tapped his finger against the phone's number pad, waiting for you.  You made him feel as though a blanket made of cloud surrounded him, showering with a ethereal feeling of affection. He sighed, looking around home who was undoubtedly analyzing him and resisting the urge to tease him. Smiling at the thought he jumped at the sudden ringing from the phone. 

As you called his name, beginning to share the night you'd had with Sally and Julie, Wally listened intently to every word. Exchanging ideas and topics, you and Wally eventually fell into a comfortable silence, occasionally you or him letting out a hum or sigh, just to remind the other you were there and treasuring the moment. A few minutes of this pass and Wally is able to detect the sound of you mumbling and clicking your tongue in thought to something, something he realizes is you tracing the outline of shapes and words into your hand as your thoughts weightlessly travel your mind. He hums out a sound indicating a question, and with every passing word to respond with he finds his heart growing lighter somehow. 

"I'm trying to tell you something... uhm..." you had begun unsure, Wally responding with a gentle "yes?" in encouragement. 

"you know that I love you... in the dead of night, I want to lay with you." you quickly said, following it with "everyone adores you- actually, when I say everyone, I'm referring to me." 

It left him speechless. It created a feeling of wind, of spring, of freshness. He realized how young he was, and how beautiful it was. Finally, such a thought wasn't sad. As long as your hands were intertwined in an eternal promise, nothing couldn't be enjoyed in life. Despite the many things which could give him  joy, like apples or paints, or his quiet nights on the couch, nothing could compare to the life he felt when he placed it in yours. 

Sighing into the couch in a comfortable fizz of overwhelming joy and pure love and fondness erupted through him in small shakes. He failed to notice anything else he felt or did, like how his eyes turned into crescents while his smile forced hidden dimples to shine and his hand gripped the phone and phone cord tighter. 

"All the small things you do... Oh well... they remind me of how I fall for you." 

He began to say, the typical voice of his smirk and confidence morphing into one from a melted pot of tenderness, faithfulness and affection. He sighs out dreamily, 

"when we're apart and I'm missing you... I close my eyes to see you, imagining you and all the small things you do." he admits, his ring finger beginning to twirl the telephone cord. 

As he begins to list those charming and natural habits of yours you can't help but bring a hand to your mouth to muffle the gasp and hum of shock you ring out. 

You perk up at the sound him sighing dreamily, finding the strength to admit something. As your mouth opens, the words beginning to form at your tongue Wally finally vocalizes it all. 

"Oh Y/N... how I absolutely adore you... I love you." 

Wally presses the phone to his chest, his eyes closing. He smiles, imagining your head against his shoulder, how you'd attempt and fail to trace or count the outlines of every stitch in his cardigan, your breath steady, the way it all looked through your eyes that reflected him. Shaking, he brought the phone back to his ear. 

"Y/N?" 

"I can't imagine loving anyone more than you, Wally."