Chapter 2 - Part 1: A Reason

Hakatsu, a detective, who was once living a life without a past, encountered the destruction of his world. During the destruction, he was reborn as a new legend and stopped it. He felt his strength overflow in him before he lost almost all of his power due to an unknown reason.

Thankfully, someone, who might know who he is, informed him of the way to restore his power. Her true intention was unknown but was kind enough to help him.

In this journey through time, what will he encounter? Will it be another destruction or perhaps a clue for his past?

The detective rides his motorcycle on an empty roadway, he started slowly at first and becomes faster in a short time. Despite how he looks like someone who knows what they are doing, he doesn't know what he's doing. With enough speed, the motorcycle breaks through the air, shattering it like glass. He has gone fast enough to the point of breaking through time and place.

One last thrust and the last breakthrough create a wormhole that travels through time. The inside of the hole shows different threads that connect, creating a bond between them. Hakatsu increases the speed of his bike and reached the end of the wormhole. The light shines bright, blinding his vision before shattering the air to open a hole for an exit.

1954

The old classic days are much simpler and calmer than today. The soothing air, mostly oxygen, goes in easily without much interruption due to transportation. In one of the buildings, a young man is experimenting with his invention. It was not long until he did a miscalculation, causing him to launch at the same time.

Luckily, someone prevented his death by being landed by the person.

"What the hell? Were you trying to end yourself?"
Said Hakatsu getting up after negating his damage.

"I beg for forgiveness."
Said the person.

His name is Welt Joyce, a scientist who just joined an organization. He is no more than an immature person. The time traveler got mad at him for the obvious reason, the pain he had to take.

After some time, he let him go. Hakatsu pulls out his card, specifically the 'Reason' card. It is the first card he used after 'Decade'. Wondering what he is supposed to do in the timeline, he was sure this is the timeline he is supposed to go but not what to do.

He rides his bike once again and travels around the city to find a clue.

In the meantime, Welt is being scolded for being too clumsy with the tools and devices in the room.

"You know it's dangerous to not calculate things before an experiment, right?"
Said a redhead.

"I know that I just miscalculated... Sorry."
Apologized Welt once again.

"How am I supposed to corporate with this Herrscher, Overseer..."

Despite making mistakes, the redhead 'Tesla' still tries to get a hold of him. Tesla and another researcher 'Einstein' were ordered to not only befriend him but also work with him.

He is the current first Herrscher in history, the Herrscher of Reason is what he was given the title of. After becoming one, he was captured by Schicksal who did experiments on him for solid 3 years. Since then, he has lost the will to keep going with his previous life.

They knew what Otto did to him before joining them, but rebelling against what he did would lead them into trouble. He was so fortunate to be left alive. Welt continues with his life despite having a dark past hidden within his mind.

Continuing with the project, he is designing and trying to understand many subjects to counteract future Herrschers. 'Star of Eden' is what he's working on with Tesla and Einstein. Being the Herrscher of Reason benefits Schicksal with an infinite stock of weapons and ammunition at the cost of the host's sanity due to understanding how things work.