Chapter 7: Only the Beginning

While Otto and Kallen are hugging within the burning village. The fire turns golden and slowly fades away. The materials within the world start to float atom by atom before disappearing. Hakatsu seems to not be surprised by the sight as If he knew it was coming. 

"As long what's right has been right."
Hakatsu said as he deactivated his rider form.

The pair would then continue to hug despite everything disappearing. They didn't notice they were disappearing. Slowly and slowly, they disappear. Hakatsu felt somewhat of a pain in his chest as the pair disappeared. It wasn't because his hard work vanished, it was because of how short a desired meeting with the past is. 

Hakatsu will never meet them again and he knew that.

He turns around and returns to the current year of the event. As he got out of the portal, it disappeared. Unlike the pair, the crew seems to notice the same event that Hakatsu just saw. It is happening to their timeline as well.

"Hakatsu, what's happening?" Welt asked.

Before he could get an answer, Einstein and Tesla had already disappeared. Welt got worried about this and kept asking why. However, Hakatsu asked Welt to hold the Herrscher of Reason card together instead.

"Welt, take a hold of this with me." He shows him the card on his finger.

Welt is still confused by what he said and still demands an answer to the situation. Hakatsu sighs before answering.

"As the Herrscher of this era, you shall hold the memory of this abnormal event. Your friends and everyone will not remember anything of this. Everything will return to normal and what it was previously before it was invaded." He explained.

More of the surroundings are disappearing into gold dust slowly, giving them a beautiful sight. Both of them look at the sea of gold next to them, admiring the view of the event.

"Not everything is beautiful as it is. However, as long as we take care of it then it will turn beautiful with its flaws. Don't you agree, Welt?"
Hakatsu said as he created a camera and shot the sea of gold.

Welt nods in agreement as the sight becomes more beautiful. Hakatsu asked Welt once again to bear the memory of this event.

"Now, would you bear this memory for the rest of your life?" 

No longer doubting what's happening, Welt holds the card together with Hakatsu and says:

"I will keep this memory forever."

After taking a hold of card and saying he would bear the memory of the event, Welt disappears as his gold dust flies upward before truly disappearing. Hakatsu smiles and enjoy the sight of the world returning to it's clean state from the abnormal. 

He is now alone within the empty timeline before turning away and left the place.

Author Message:

Thank you to everyone who has been following up to this point! This story arc alone is quite hard to write since Welt Joyce version of Herrscher of Reason rarely shown in comics or any Honkai Impact media. So I had to make him act based on how I would think he would act. Besides that, it really plays my mind to write the story creatively. It was a challenge worth taking a shot at.

Anyway, next arc will begin soon. You can take a guess on which Herrscher will be covered next.

I'll look forward to your support, dear readers!