Chapter 2 Part 2: The "Truth"

Hours after the revelation, Tesla started to create a system to replicate what previously happened. Welt is just there accompanying her. As for Hakatsu? He's not there or anywhere near to assure their safety.

The Magenta Rider is having dinner inside an abandoned building somewhere undiscovered. For what he eats, is just toasted bread. He enjoys every bit of it. The mind of the detective is filled with questions about his doubt. How is he able to be familiar with his power? Is the year he traveled to real? Were all of these just illusions?

The questions may not be answered for the time being. After he finishes his meals, he sits by the campfire until it's all burnt. Suddenly, a hand reaches out of the fire—a human-like hand. Hakatsu jumps out of his seat, surprised by the abnormal activity of the flame.

"Hi~"

The pink-haired woman from before appears upon him, giving him a visit. She is the same person from before who told him the way to repair his cards.

"You... How did you even appear out of nowhere?"
He questions her.

She stands out of the fire completely unharmed or dusted. This makes him question her more. She took his metal cup and drank the water in it.

"Having holidays from your usual work days must be great, right? Not doing anything urgent but enjoying yourself is such a blessing!"

Hakatsu stares at her with doubt in his eyes. How did he even trust her in the first place?

"Yeah, no work... Sure..."

He put away the trash and immediately lay on an old mattress. Completely ignoring her. The pink woman is disappointed but still tries to get his attention and lies next to him. Their eyes met each other, her eyes glowed pink in the darkness. He stares at her charming eyes, thinking nothing but the charming light produced from her eyes. They are the only light source other than the fireplace... which is starting to dim. 

The girl doesn't even bother with the dirtiness of the place he uses to rest. As if she's the type of person who doesn't care for conditions despite her pearl-white dress. Hakatsu breaks the eye contact and turns around to rest. Being ignored again and she left is what he plans to happen but her will is stronger than what he thinks. 

"Ignoring a girl like me, do you do that on purpose? How mean~"
She pokes his cheeks for him to notice her.

He is already tired from the previous activities, he has run out of energy to talk with her. 

"Oh, I know! How about I tell you a bedtime story?"
The pink-haired summons a book out of thin air and starts reading.

One day, a boy was born into the world. But, unlike the others, he is a special newborn. The boy is raised at an orphanage, he makes a considerable amount of friends. The boy isn't confident enough of himself as he is the most different one from the others. Later at a mature age, he assigned himself to help the life of other's to be better. Time has passed, and the world was at stake of collapsing. The boy has to do what he thinks is right, thus he makes a tough decision and saves the world with the cost of disappearing without any trace. Despite his sacrifice, he is remembered as the hero of the era...

Hakatsu doesn't flinch he is listening to her story. Once she stops, she floats and lays in front of him.

"How's the story? Sounds inspiring, isn't it?"
She asked for his opinion on the story.

The man takes a deep breath before stating his answer.

"Helping others is a good thing... But isn't sacrificing himself a bit too much? Does he consider the happiness within him?"