Love(not) and Crisis

I silently open the door to the monastery, hoping no one would notice I was gone. As I walk down the hall I hear laughter.

On the walk home, I decided I would finally confess my love for Kai. I knew that it may be a mistake, but I felt sure he would say he cared for me back. I mean, we have been so much together.

I peek behind the entrance and see Cole, Jay, and Nya playing video games. That's odd...Where was Kai? 

I continue to look around the monastery. I knock on Kai's door. When no one answers, I walk in and look around. 

The room smells like fancy men's cologne. This was also odd. Kai didn't normally wear that stuff. 

I open up the secret entrance to the mech storage, wondering if Kai was helping Pixal build something. I knew he didn't normally do that, but today has been a weird day so I wouldn't be super surprised if he was doing something different.

Pixal was in there, working on one of her inventions. "Hey Pixal, have you seen Kai?" I ask. Pixal pauses her work and shakes her head. "No Lloyd, I haven't seen him." I sigh and walk out of the room. 

I walk into the Living room and look around again. Zane turns around. "Hello Lloyd," He says. Nya turns her head around and waves. Both Cole and Jay are too focused on the video game to notice me.

"Hey Zane, have you seen Kai anywhere?" I ask. He shakes his head. 

"Last I heard, he's with Skylor" Jay pipes in.  "With Skylor...?" I say, a little confused. 

"Yeah, he said he was going out with her," Cole says.

"What do you mean, going out..?" I said, trying to suppress my feelings of anger. I was hoping it wasn't anything besides a mission. And if it wasn't...

"Like...A date...?" I quietly ask, mostly to myself.  Zane nods and I feel sick.

I felt like my world was about to end. I stand in shock for a few seconds and my my heart sinks to the darkest place of the abyss. My hands tighten into fists and I feel a dark energy writhing around in my stomach. 

Cole turns around "Hey, Lloyd, you look, uhh a bit pale..." He says. "Yeah, are you alright?" Jay says, now facing me.

I resist the urge to scream. I feel the Oni Power continue creep up, and I quickly dart out of the room and slam my bedroom door. 

I put my head in my pillow and scream. I'm not sure if the others heard me, but I didn't really care.

I can't believe it. He was with her. Just some random bitch. He doesn't even know her that well! I feel my anger intensifying. 

I feel myself change, and I know, even without looking, that I was in my Oni form. That disgusted me. I couldn't even feel angry without turning into...

A monster 

I felt tears pour down my face. What the hell is wrong with me!? Did I really think that Kai cared?! Of course not...

I mean who could love an Oni...? I try to shake this off. He doesn't even know about this. I didn't really care though. I mean, Oni or not, why would anyone care about me? 

The only thing your good at is being used, just like how Harumi used you. 

I pushed the thoughts down, away from me. I knew I was spiraling into a rabbit hole of dark thoughts, but I couldn't help it. It was the Oni side of me, the side that I hate.

Why do you despise this part of yourself? Is It because your afraid to feeling strong...?

The last part of the thought confused me. Strong, what did I mean by strong? 

Was that voice even my own? Was I going insane? 

Maybe it was the Oni side of me. Why was it just coming out know? 

I knew the answer to that question already. It was because I took my Oni form during the battle with the Overlord.

You weren't even strong enough to defeat the Overlord with it. Pathetic.

I was- no IT was right. I am Pathetic. I can't even defeat someone without help from others. That part kind of relieved me. At least I wasn't a powerful monster...

I could still feel that I was in my Oni form. I realized I had stopped crying, but my eyes still felt wet. I stand up, looking at the full body mirror in my room. 

I was completely in my Oni form. My skin was golden with green markings, and I had four arms. 

My eyes where a bright, almost evil looking purple. 

Just looking at myself made me feel sick.

Freak.

I felt like I was going to cry again. No one could see me like this...

I heard I knock on the door. "Lloyd, are you alright, you kind of ran off in a hurry..." It was Cole.

"Yeah lloyd, are you ok?" Says Jay.

"I-im fine..." My voice was cracked, but I still managed to sound somewhat convincing.

I hear them walk off. How long had it taken them to make a decision to check on me? What was that supposed to imply. 

Nothing, that's what. I was just paranoid. 

"I can't believe I can't even manage to trust my own friends." I mutter. Garmadon said that if it got worse to talk to him, but I really didn't think that was an option.

I looked at the clock.

It read 8:32.

I didn't realize it was that late. Maybe I had fallen asleep or something. I sigh and stare at my bed. The light from outside was almost gone, and I felt to tired to do anything else.

Maybe sleep would help my Oni form go away. 

Or I would just have Nightmares.

I suddenly remember something that Wu had taught me; Meditation. I sigh and sat on the bed, arms crossed. 

I meditated for a bit before I felt myself slowly turn back to normal. First it was my skin, then my arms, and then my horns. I could tell they where still there, but at least they weren't massive. 

While I was meditating, I heard Zane knock on my door a few times, asking if I was hungry. I had just told him I wasn't. I was proud of myself for not getting angry.

What a stupid thing to be proud of.