The Oni

I woke up in total darkness. The world was black. What had happened? I heard a voice. Someone talking. But who?

"Hello Lloyd" The voice was cold and dark, and it chilled me to my core. "W-who are you?" I stutter. "Where am I?"

The figure emerges from the darkness. It was even darker than its surroundings. It had glowing purple eyes and a staff.

It was the Omega. The leader of the Oni. But what was it doing here? "I thought we defeated you..."

"You cannot get rid of darkness, child" I felt angry. "I'm not a child!" Its cold eyes stare into mine. "Where am I? What do you want from me!?" I ask.

"You are weak. We can make you stronger" It says. "I don't want your help!" It continues to stare at me. "You do not accept yourself"

"Why would I!? I'm not a monster" A smile creeps up its dark face. "You are more Oni than you know" It says.

"I'm not like you!" I yell. "In time, you will be" I try stand up and attack it, but I hit a cage wall. It seemed to be made out of...bones.

"W-what the!?" My powers weren't working. "W-what is this?" I ask, slightly afraid of the answer. "Dragon bones"

I felt repulsed. "Your powers cannot effect it" It says. Its voice was cold and I kept getting shivers down my spine everytime it spoke.

I didn't want to know how they got it. "What do you want from me?" I ask, now angrier than ever. "Save your strength"

It didn't want to answer my question. "What are you going to do to me!?" I scream. "You are an Oni. More powerful than most"

"I'm not like you!" It just smiled. "We want your help" I felt sick. "I'm not evil!" A tear falls down my cheek.

"Don't cry now. You will learn to accept your fate. Tomorrow, we take the city"

I can't believe they want your help

You have to very bad for them to care

"I'm not bad!" I say. I slam my hand on the bone cage and scream. I felt so angry. And sad. I would never help them.

If only you knew

Young Oni