On the run

Monster

That's all I could think of as I flew

You're a monster

Tears stream down the side of my face as I flew. I had hurt Kai. I didn't want to hurt him. But I did.

You're just like your father

"Shut up," I tell the voice in my head. It just starts laughing which makes me cry harder. I just wanted it to go away.

They all hate you, you know

As I continue to fly a think about what happened to Kai. Will he be ok? How badly is he hurt?

Like you actually care

I must have been flying for a while because soon it started to get dark. The sky was grey and cloudy and it looked like it was going to rain. 

I need a place to stay for the night, somewhere dry and far away from people. 

Like you deserve something like that

The voice was right, but I didn't have any choice. I soon spot a cave and fly in, trying to rest for the night.

The world was all dark.

I could see their faces

Fear

Anger

Disgust 

That's what they felt

They all hated me

I suddenly bolt up. I must have had another nightmare...

I look around the walls of the cave. It was dark and damp, the sky was grey, and the ground was wet from the heavy rain last night.

I got up and took a cautious step outside. The ground was moist and soft. Everything was quiet. 

I looked at the sky. I wonder if they were looking for me. I hope not...

I bet they want to lock you up like some kind of beast

"That's not true...." I say. I could feel my eyes start to wet with tears. I didn't want to be a monster.

Then what is true, Huh? I mean it's not like they care

I wipe my eyes and try to ignore the voice. I had to keep moving. I couldn't let them find me.

But where was a going? There was nowhere to go. Maybe that was a good thing...getting away from people is the only safe option.

I take another step outside, putting both feet on the damp moss. I take another step. And then another. 

Soon I'm walking without thinking, just trying to get away from where I was before. The more steps you take the farther from the others you get.

I kept walking until I found a stream. I stare into the water, flinching at what stares back. 

I'm still in my Oni form, with gold skin, large horns, sharp claws, and a horrifying face. It wasn't me. At least, it didn't feel like me.

Almost a spitting image of your father 

I tear my gaze away from the water. I didn't want to look at my reflection anymore. If it even was my reflection.

As I step across the stones to get to the other side of the river, I hear a loud whirring noise. 

The sound of a helicopter.

The sound of people.