Chapter 9: We should what?

You furrowed your eyebrows as confusion with a tad bit of exhaustion washes over you.

You: "You have an idea? What do you mean?"
Jack: "Yup! Just hear me out."

That totally isn't concerning at all.

You: "Alright... what is it?"
Jack: "So you know how our characters date within the next couple scenes?"
You: "Yeah?.."
Jack: "And we kind of have this awkwardness between us? Don't deny, you feel it too."
You: "So what if I do?"
Jack: "Well.... I was thinking... we should bring it more to life by fake dating!"

There is absolutely no way he was being serious right now.

You: "We should what? Funny joke Jack."
Jack: "I'm not joking y/n. I think it would really help us as actors. It'll make it seem more real on screen."

He knew he was right. As much as you really as you did and didn't want to do this at the same time, it really would help clear the tension between you too. Let's just hope it doesn't make your feelings even more extreme. That is the last thing you need right now.

You: "You're right. It would help it seem more real on scene, and make us more comfortable with each other. Elaborate more on this 'fake dating' topic."
Jack: "I know I'm right. Anyways, what I mean by fake dating, we go on dates. You know, like an actual couple, just you know, fake. We'll spend most of our time together, talk about everything, really get into the couple mindset."
You: "Alright, why not, won't hurt to try. So then Champion, when's our first 'date?'"
Jack: "I'm picking you up at 5pm tomorrow. Be ready. Dress nice but not too nice."
You: "Wait what? You already planned something? Wait, what kind of nice to I wear?
Like casual nice? Or like fancy nice?
Where are we going?
Jack??
Hello??

Great. Now he's not answering his phone. Probably going to bed. Hopefully he answers you in the morning. You went to your closet, going through all of the varieties of 'nice' that you had, hoping he had to same kind of 'nice' as you. Once you've settled over something that would hopefully fit the random occasion Jack has planned, without knowing you would even agree in the first place. At least he planned it on the day you didn't have to go to set.

After doing your nightly routine, you quickly drift off to sleep, imagining all the possibilities of 'dates' Jack could've planned.

.

Your alarm that was set for 9 woke you up, groaning as you try to shut it off without opening your eyes, which you failed to do. You opened your eyes slightly, not trying to let too much of the sunlight that was beaming through your curtains blind you. You sit up, eyes still shut, trying your best not to fall back asleep. You hall yourself off of your bed, stretching for a minute, before walking to your bathroom while rubbing your eyes.

You finally open your eyes completely, seeing yourself in the mirror with bed hair and your shirt crooked. You brush your teeth, then your hair. You turned on the water, trying to find the perfect temperature being getting in. Once you were satisfied, you got in, deciding it was a full wombo combo shower day. Once you finished your close to two hour shower, you get out, throwing on some comfortable clothes. You decided to let your hair air dry today, since you had the time and didn't have any plans until 5 pm. You didn't want to go through the day without talking to any of your friends, so you ask Devyn and Mason if they wanted to come over and do something in the hotel, and of course they say yes.

.

"Hey! How are you feeling today?" Devyn asked once you opened the door for her, bringing you into a hug. "I'm feeling good. Just wanted to see you obviously. By the way, I also invited Mason." You both walked over to your living room, sitting down while talking about the basics. "I also wanted to tell you something, so me and J-" A knock on the door made you pause your sentence as you walked towards it. You opened the door to see Mason on the other side. "Hey Mason! Devyn is already sitting on the couch." He gave a nod, walking in and waiting for you to shut the door before walking with him.

"Mason, finally you're here. Now hurry up and sit down, she has something she needs to tell us." Devyn patted down on the couch next to her, as Mason eagerly sat down from hearing her words. "Ohhh there's tea? Spill. Now." They both leaned forwards, elbows on their knees, waiting for you to tell them. You rolled your eyes, sitting down on the recliner in front of them, across a table. "Okay. Don't freak out, but me and Jack decided to fake date, and we are going on our first fake date later at 5..." You said, slowly, waiting for them to take in your words.

And of course, they do the opposite of what you told them to do. "YOU GUYS ARE WHAT NOW?" "FAKE DATING??" They jumped from their seats, shouting at the top of their lungs. "Yes yes, you heard me, now quiet down." You raised your hands, waving them up and down, telling them to be quieter. "You guys are what now?" Mason repeated himself, whispering this time. "You guys are fake dating? You sure it's not real dating and you just aren't telling us?" Devyn questioned, narrowing her eyes and raising her eye brow. "No no we aren't actually dating, we are literally fake dating. We're a couple.. just fake and not real. I know it's doesn't make much sense, but we're doing it!"

"We know you have a crush on him, but why would you agree to this? This is just crazy." Devyn laid back on the couch, trying to understand the situation you but yourself in. "I know, but the reasons he said actually make sense. It'll bring the movie into life." You still didn't know how to feel about this. "I told you he likes you y/n, why else would he even think to fake date? He clearly doesn't know you like him and wants to date you, so this is his safest option." Mason always had to put it out there that Jack 'likes you,' but you could never really believe it.

"I doubt that. Like Devyn said, fake dating is crazy. He must really fucking like me then to even think of that. But yeah, Jack has something planned later and I have no clue what it is. I asked him about it last night but he still hasn't told me. All he said was 'dress nice but not too nice,' whatever that means." You sighed, throwing your head back as the thinking began to give you a huge headache. "You never know y/n..." You threw the pillow that was behind you at Mason, not wanting him to get into this even more than he already is.

-----------------------------------

An: Another short one, I've been slacking on writing so much I'm so sorry😭😭😭😭 i'm gonna write tonight and tomorrow so hopefully that will give me a couple of chapters. Still don't know where I'm going with this to be honest😭

Anywayssss, I love you pooks 🫶🏻