Chapter 4 : Two lost souls

Johns Pov

the moment we hear Elena say 'mommy' to the small child my wife begins to cough catching everyones attention.

"are you alright?" i ask her as she hits her chest.

"may i go to the restroom?" she asks Isabela.

Isabela just smiles as she says "this way" getting up from her seat.

"if youll excuse us." i say as i help my wife up from her seat.

once Ana gets out of the restroom i look at her in shock. 'were you crying?' i ask her through our mind link.

'i don't know why.' she says looking at me and then we turn to look at isabela who is looking at the both of us in curiosity.

"thats not her child you know." Isabela says as she looks at the both of us. "im just gonna tell you because i don't want you to think that she had been fooling around when she was just seventeen years old."

we both look at her surprised as she moves her shoulders up and down "i dont want her to lose customers over a simple misunderstanding."

"then why she tell him that she is his mom?" Ana asks holding her stomach.

i look at isabela and i realize that i have this knot in my stomach as i await the answer. its a nauseous feeling and i want to run into the restroom and throw up but i stand my ground.

"she found him when he was four. so thats like about a year ago." isabela leans on the wall as she crosses her arms and looks at the floor. "the little kid was crying with blood all over his shirt. apparently he had watched how his parents were killed right in front of him by wolves." isabela pulls her hair back towards her ears as she looks at the floor. "we went hunting in the woods as a sport since Elena loves to explore the forest and she walked away from us and suddenly we heard two gun shots and when we ran to find her we found two dead people and Elena hugging a small boy while he cried." at this isabela puts a hand over her mouth as she breathes in and out. "the two people were completely torn into pieces and their bodies were filled with big wolf bites."

"why would she take him in? why not just let another family have him?" i ask as Isabela looks at me and then she bites her lower lip.

"because they are similar." Isabela says as she hugs herself "Elena isn't my blood related sister... we are actually not her real family. her mother and father were my parents best friends."

"what happened to her parents?" Ana asks as she looks at isabela flinch at the question.

isabela sighs as she looks at the floor "she had two small sisters and her mother and father living with her at the age of eighteen. the day she graduated high school she received a call from the police telling her that her family had been tortured to death." isabela stays quiet for a moment as she looks at the ceiling probably trying not to cry in front of us. "we were all devastated by the news that we cried."

"what did Elena do?" Ana asks as she looks at isabela in worry.

isabela chuckles as she looks at us "Elena went completely crazy. she didnt cry she was just screaming and breaking everything around her as she got drunk in vodka."

we both look at her as she sighs "Elena is gonna kill me, ive told you way too much" she laughs "just dont tell her i told you this."

"uh, yeah." i say as i look at Ana who is holding her stomach. "are you alright?"

"yeah" she says trying to breathe slowly. "its just i feel thats something is wrong."