Chapter 11: The wolves Can't Be Trusted

once i'm done looking at the video with headphones on, inside of my office at work i try to breathe in and out as i look at the ceiling and i slam the laptop shut.

'damn'

i hear an knock on the door and i let whoever is knocking inside. "Lady Elena, Miss. Ana is here to see you."

"let her in." i say standing up as i smile softly. "please come inside and take a seat."

"i took Alex around for a bit today and i showed him the house." she says smiling as she looks at me curiously.

"that's great." i smile as she looks at me and then at my hands.

"i understand this werewolf thing being a bit different than what you are used to but my son needs to be around you. please stop avoiding my house."

"i'm sorry I've just been very busy." i look at her troubled.

"you seem to always be busy when i invite you." she sighs as she looks at me and i decide to test her.

"have you ever heard of human experiments being performed in old run down buildings?" i ask as she freezes.

"what?" she looks at me nervously and then begins to laugh out loud. "that's very crazy Elena. where did you hear of such a thing?"

"have your people never heard of this?" i put my hands on my legs hiding the shaking from her as i try to control my anger.

"no Elena, that's just absurd."

i smile as i look at her "your right, i had heard a rumor from a colleague. saying something about how werewolves hate those humans who have gone through those changes and i just thought it seemed weird." i stand up as i walk towards a cabinet on the corner of my room and pull out a glass of wine and some wine and serve it to myself.

"that is very weird." she says trying to look surprised.

"yes it is, after all those humans didn't want to be turned... he got the wrong information." i whisper as i drink my wine.

"what?" she asks looking at me.

i turn to her and smile as i take another sip from my wine "i said it was probably a movie he watched, and it just freaked me out when i heard werewolves."

Ana smiles as she stands up from the chair and walks towards me. i put my glass of wine down. "Elena, i know you are worried about Alex getting found out but there is nothing to worry about. he will be safe." she holds my hands and she pulls me towards a couch in the center of the office and sits me down with her. "now there will be a party with my kind tomorrow. i would like for you and Alex to be there. he needs to get to know others like him and he needs the support from his mother."

i smile "alright ill be there."

once Ana leaves my office i stare at the floor for a moment before i hear Sandra's voice say "see... they cant be trusted."

i slowly stand up and look towards the doors to see her standing besides the door. "she even lied to you right in front of your face." she looks at me and then she looks at the floor. "call Hart."

"what?" i ask her as she looks at me and then begins to walk towards my desk. "you saw the video and now you want to help more than ever because it was a reminder of what happened." she leans against the desk as she crosses her arms. "but you need to make sure that all of your belongings are safe."

"what do you mean safe?"

"Elena, once they find out what you are they will try to take that kid from you. you might even lose all of this." she waves her hands everywhere as she says "call him and tell him to pass everything temporarily to your sister Isabela."

"what makes you think that she will know how to take care of-"

"oh come on Elena! i'm not stupid. the reason as to why you bring her over a lot is to teach her how to handle the family business. she also takes care of that kid most of the time. she also knows what he is and shes the only one you trust."

"you investigated me?!" i yell at her in disbelief as she chuckles.

"its been about two years since we last saw each other. people change Elena. i needed to know if i could still trust you."

"and with what you found did you learn the i cant or that i can be trusted?" i walk towards her as she moves away a bit. "which one is it?"

"i don't know." she rubs her arms as i stare at her "you've done a couple of evil things here and there that i just don't know anymore."

"would you have trusted me if i was nineteen again?"

she looks at me and then sighs "yes"

"i'm sorry, that you feel that way about me." i say looking at her look around the room as she avoids my gaze.

"you aren't staying away from them although you know what they could do." Sandra looks at me with suspicion in her eyes as she says "what are you planning Elena?"

"nothing..." i say as i turn to look at the window.

"but ever since then... you only smile when you are about to do something bad."

"i'm not smiling." i say looking at her shocked.

"well you were." she moves to stand besides me.

"hmmm... i was probably happy to see such a beautiful day." i say smiling.

"its raining Elena. how is this a beautiful day?" she turns to look at me as she swallows hard "whatever you are planing to do, just be careful Elena." i turn to look at her as she looks at me with a serious expression. "if you play with fire you might get burned."

"but i can control fire." i say looking at her questioningly.

"not this type. this is a different type of fire you are playing with." she says looking out the window as i breathe in and out.

Once Sandra leaves i walk out of the company with my car keys in hand and a jacket on me to protect me from the rain. not that i need it but i need to somehow fit in. i walk towards my car as i open it up and close the door.

i sit there for a while looking at the rain fall and i grab my cell phone and dial Jacob Hart.

"Elena, its been a while."

"i need your help." i say as i look straight ahead of me towards the company.

"as another one like you or as a lawyer?" he asks nervous.

"as a lawyer Jacob" i say as i look at the big building in front of me. "i need you to be my lawyer."

"alright, so what do you want me to do?" he asks coughing.

"i need you to pass the ownership of my company and the custody of my kid to my sister for a while."

"sure but why? where are you going?"

i don't answer him for a a couple of seconds and i hear him say nervously "Elena, what are you going to do?"

"there's a lead..."

"a lead?" he asks as his voice cracks.

"yes, and i'm going to help follow it."

"with who?"

"Sandra... she came to me and asked me for her help."

"Elena, we got out of that already don't let her push you back in." he says as he pants bit. "Elena we moved on. she didn't. we have a life. i am a successful lawyer and you are the owner of a great company. she has been stuck on the past and that's why she hasn't been successful."

"Jacob, i'm going. there are people out there being tortured to the same extent as we were... i can't live peacefully knowing that i am living the high life while ignoring something like that while knowing i can do something about it."

he sighs as he says slowly "Elena, when you are fighting them don't listen to your human side... or you might die."

i slowly let a breath out as i say "i know Hart... i know."