Chapter 5: The cub

Axel's Pov

the way that the music plays in my ears makes me sigh as i look outside of the window. i close my eyes as i hear the piano play its soft melody and i listen to it closely as i lay on my house's couch.

i slowly breathe in and out and i see the image of a girl with chocolate brown eyes looking through me.

i gasp as i open my eyes and sit down as tears roll down my face. i sigh as i look at the couch across from me and i see a figure sitting down.

"Linda?" i say as i look around and wonder where she came from.

"did you seriously forget that i dont need to get in through the door?" she asks me as she puts her legs on top of the couch's arm. "you are really stupid you know, i have no idea how you have the same blood of that guy." she gets up from the couch and smells me. "you dont even smell like him."

"what do you want?" i ask as i sigh and stand up from the couch to walk over to the kitchen to serve myself some whiskey with ice.

"those were the side effects of not having your other half besides you." she says looking at me as she smiles wickedly "id be happy if only i wasnt suffering the same fate as you."

i look at her and grin "sorry but looks like you are going to be suffering for around one hundred years."

she looks at me with a serious expression as she slowly smiles. "yeah... sorry but you are going to eventually fall into the temptation."

"i dont think so" i say as i drink some whiskey "ive already made up my mind."

she laughs "you still dont understand? its not your mind that does these important decisions. its your heart. and whether you like it or not that heart belongs to her already." she slowly turns around to face away from me "luckily for you im a nice familiar and ive helped you quite a bit."

"what do you mean by that?" i ask her worried as i put down my glass of whiskey in the table.

she turns to look at me and smile "lets just say shes close... close and very interesting." she then disappears out of thin air and im left sweating from how nervous shes made me.

'what does she mean by she's near?'

Ana's Pov

after we came back to sit down we had lunch as we chatted with Elenas family. we talked about how her work was, and how hard work was for her father before she began to pursue her career.

"we are sorry but we must leave." my husband says as he looks at me and holds out his arm as i put i hand on it.

we walk closer to Elena who has her adopted child in her hands as he hugs her tightly. "thank you for having us here today." my husband says as he holds out his hand getting closer to Elena and her child and then he sniffs the air real hard and freezes as he looks at the boy in pure shock.

i cant help but follow his actions and i catch a glimpse of a gentle smell of mint with a mix of roses and i freeze.

i look at the small child in Elenas arms and then i look at John who is currently trying to figure out what to do.

"Elena would you be willing to let me adopt that child from you?" i say as i look at her and then the boy who looks at me with fear in his eyes. "you see i cant have children anymore and-"

"no" she cuts me off "you can take anything from me but this child. this child stays at my side and only my side at every moment." she says holding the child tighter.

"But you don't understand someone like you cant take care of a child like this one." i say trying to reason.

"and why is that?" she asks feeling insulted.

"well you are so young and you have your whole life ahead of you. im sure you can adopt later on." i say as john looks at me and with his eyes he tells me to stop.

"sorry but i wont give you this child. you can always go adopt another one." she says coldly "now if you'll excuse me." she says as she walks out of the house with her child.

once john and i are in the car we don't speak a word until i finally break the silence by saying "you noticed right?"

his grip on the cars handle tightens as he looks at the road ahead of him "yeah, that child is barely a cub... but hes definitely a werewolf." he says looking ahead of him "we need to talk to the council.