Chapter 1 : A True Loss

Axel's Pov

everyday from Monday through Thursday i would go and pick up my little brother ceaser from kindergarten, walking.

one day while i was on my way to pick him up i saw this girl with medium length hair getting of a car.

i remember that the moment i saw her i had completely lost all of my breath.

she was around five foot four with dark brown hair roots and light brown hair with a slight tint of red.

she had chocolate brown eyes with a slight wildness to them. she would wear dark colored clothing that would cover her up making her look like the sporty type.

the only make up that she wore was eyeliner but that's all i had ever seen her wear that whole year.

the moment i had seen her i completely fell in love with her, not only because she was my mate but because she was so different from every girl i had ever meet or seen.

i remember wanting to talk to her but in the end i didn't.

at first i acted as if her presence was nothing to me and at first i ignored her and took my brother home as fast as i could to get away from her.

everything was going well until one day when ceaser walked right into the road without looking and the girl pulled him away from it before a car crashed into him.

i had thanked her and shook her hand. i remember feeling the sparks as her skin touched mine and after that day staying away from her became harder.

i would walk slowly and look behind me to see if she was coming before i continued.

i always had my eyes on her. watching over her from afar.

later i had realized what a real problem this was.

not only was she my mate but she was human.

that's the reason as to why i had never tried to speak to her. she was my mate but she was human, and humans were known to not be fully understanding of situations like mates.

later on i would make any excuse that i could to my mother in order to not pick up my brother since i would see her.

after a year passed and my brother was now in first grade i had left the city in order to go to college and i never saw that girl ever again.

"Axel... Axel" my mother says as i look at her in surprise.

"uh yeah."

"are you alright son?" my father says as i look around.

"yeah, im fine" i say with a fake smile.

"have you begun to look for your mate?" my mother asks enthusiastically.

i swallow hard "umm no but..."

"you need to find her as quick as you can." my father says as he drinks from his coffee. "you are already twenty four years old and you haven't found her. around this time i should already have a grandson coming to this world yet you still haven't found her."

i look at both of them looking at me with a piercing look in their eyes. my mother has blond hair with green eyes and soft silky white skin. her hair is curly and it looks almost gold. surprisingly i look more like my father who has blue eyes with dirty blond hair and medium light skin.