Chapter 13- A drink of the past

Elenas pov

I have never understood the reason for people with money to have big fancy dinners with strangers in their homes.
It's a tad bit disturbing due to the fact that its all for the sole purpose of showing off.

I walk inside of the Blakes home with Alex holding my hand.
I made sure to wear no high heels since i need to keep an eye on my child especially in a place filled with werewolves that might want to take him.
I look around as i pick up Alex and carry him in my arms as he looks around afraid. I can see why he would suddenly coward down.

The scents that i am currently recieving are strong and they all smell dangerous.
Its been a while since i have smelled anything like this.
I look at Alex and he frowns as he says "you aren't wearing a dress"

I smile as i look at his worried expression and i say "today you have to socialize and get to know others like you. Im here to accompany you, im not here to party."

He pouts "but i wanted to see you in a dress."

I laugh as he smiles back "I'll wear one some other day."

"Elena!" lady Ana says as she welcomes me with a smile. "Oh you look great Alex. Just like like a gentleman." she says as she fixes his black tie and the rest of his suit gently.

"He wanted to look his best." i say as Alex hides his face in my neck.

"Theres no need to be shy." Ana says as she looks around. "Oh my son should be around here somewhere."

"There's no need to worry about that. I came so that Alex could get to know his own kind. I'm not here to cause trouble." i say as i look around only to find everyone around me staring at me and some of the people sniffing the air.

I try to not panic as some begin to get closer to me.
Ana looks over at me with a smile and then she frowns at the people around her and she smiles again as everyone looks away.
Possibly they can communicate through their minds. It wouldn't be the first time ive heard of that happening.

Candid used to specialize in that. She used to love talking in people's minds and reading them.
I remember that at one point i was able to do it as well but i locked up that ability deep inside me.
I didn't want to listen to isabelas sad words of regret for not being there for me when i needed her the most.

"Would you like to eat first?" i ask Alex as he looks at me and nods.

"In that case the food is over there." Ana points out towards some tables with seats and waiters. "Please sit" she says leading us towards a table with chairs.

I sit down and i put Alex next to me as Ana looks at her watch and apologizes as she leaves to go do some work in the garden where there are more tables and lights with people. Talking and eating.
Alex gets a cake and some pasta while i get some meat with vegetables.
"We didn't ask for drinks." i say to the waitor as he gives me a glass of wine and he gives Alex a glass of water.

"I thought you did." he says lying to me with a sweet fake smile.
I look at him for a while until i smile and say "you know your right i might have said something like that, thank you."

The moment he leaves i smell the wine and i immediately gag at the smell.
After that i dont touch it again.

"My water smells weird." Alex says as i look over at him worried. "You haven't drank it yet, have you?"

He looks over at me as he pushes his water towards me. "No, it smells like fish."

I look over at my wine and i realize that our drinks have been tampered. Alex annoyed pushes the glass of water off the table breaking it.
This kid has his temper but sometimes thats a good thing.