Episode 4: Serials Aplenty

Burnard was sleeping soundly in his bed, the only thing stirring or making a sound being him and his snoring. At least that was, until...

"Burnaaard..." Said a high-pitched yet eerie voice.

"Mm.. shut up. I want cookies." Burnard said to himself.

"Burnaaaard.." Said that same eerie voice.

Burnard began to flicker his eyes open, now realizing that he wasn't even in his own room, he slept in a completely black room with dark purple furniture, including the dark purple bed he slept on.

"BURNARD!" Screamed that same eerie voice, now no longer eerie.

"Agh!" Yelped Burnard.

As Burnard turned his direction to the source of the voice, he suddenly found himself staring at a nixel with a purple shell the shade of the most powerful Wiztastic's exoskeleton, no pupils signifying his lack of soul, a purple tongue that hung low along with the jaw it was attached to, and eyes that stared right into his soul as they glowed the brightest shade of lilac known to mixelkind.

"I am you as you is me..." Groaned the nixel.

"Uh, no because you is you as I am I is me." Protested Burnard.

But the nixel simply giggled.

"Wait, nixels don't speak Mixlish!" Realized Burnard.

Burnard immediately bolted out of bed and towards the front door to slam it open with a look of fury upon his face and fire burning in his eyes, surprisingly not burning the eyes to a crisp.

"Manager, where did you get this nix... el." Shouted Burnard.

At the door, there stood Major Nixel himself in what seemed to be an outfit resembling the Grim Reaper with a look of pure hatred and discontentment having plastered upon his face. Burnard stood there, his eyes having extinguished themselves out and his body being literally frozen in fear as his feet began to ice up, with the ice reaching his legs.

"Your time has come, you miserable-"

"NO, YOU'RE NOT MY MANAGER!" Shouted Burnard, interrupting Major Nixel in an instant.

But just when Burnard's whole body was frozen and his head was the only thing left breathing, he screamed. He screamed for his own fear of Major Nixel and he screamed for his own fear of his own nightmare. And then he woke up screaming with his pupils shrunk and his whole body already sitting upright. After screaming for a few minutes, Burnard finally gave himself some time to hyperventilate, but that time was cut short as he looked around the place he was in.

The floor was a rocky shade of gray while the walls were a bright white, contrasting with the darker gray bunk bed which Burnard was sleeping on top of, the ceiling was a deep black with only the black outline of the white lights standing out against the dark color, the bunks had the serial numbers "#1205" and "#1206" on them next to the ladder attached to the bunk bed with Burnard's bunk gaining the latter serial, and the only door in the room that may or may not be an exit was just as black as the ceiling despite the silver doorknob.

Burnard quickly calmed down at the sight of the room, but most of that horror he had faced was with the confusion he started to feel. What is this strange place? Why was there no speck of color to be seen except for bland shades of white, gray, and black? Could this be somewhere in Nixel Land? Or did Zorch just prank him again?

"Very funny, Zorch! You already got me so I'm not falling for your prank again!" Shouted Burnard.

The only thing that had answered Burnard's shout was the eerie silence of the strange room, and.. snoring? Was Zorch on the lower bunk? Burnard cautiously looked down from his bunk.. and fell, screaming as he thought he was plunging to his death, but he was met with a mere migraine in his head.